The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 44
Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Hey DeanOakley, I built my desk similar to someone else's on here in the forum. Can't remember the forum members name. Only thing I changed on mine was the counter top and the shelf as the ones that were listed on his build were not available at the ikea I went to. I totally forgot which counter top + shelf combo I got but here is the complete list of parts.

4" Capita legs x2
    Ullrik table leg x2
    Capita brackets pack of 2
    Bjarnum Folding hook
    Pragel Countertop 73-1/4"
    Ekby Amund shelf

The countertop I ended up getting was a little smaller then the one in the original build plan, but that ended up being better for me as space was limited. One other thing to note is that my desk sits ontop of the Ullrik table legs, and is not fixed in place. You can figure out a way to fix it in place yourself but I thought it was best not to. I could upgrade to a bigger table top in the future for more space needed be this way.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

That is rather nice as well... Maybe even a bit more stable than the regular IKEA builds.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

How do I fit a book shelf on top of an expedit book case?
    I have capita legs to fit between the shelf and the bookcase, but they would only attach to one or the other?

Nice work Peasey ! It looks very clean.

Hi all,

Apologies if starting this thread up again annoys anyone. I've found a lot of inspiration here and wanted to enquire myself.

I've designed the following desk on Sketch-Up using parts from IKEA and I was wondering people's thoughts on it.

Desk6a.jpg
    Desk6b.jpg

I've decided to layer 2 desktops on top of each other creating a kind of sandwich where I will keep my amplifiers and other rack mounted type technology. I would prefer to have these closed off at the sides and back with some wooden panels, but can't find anything suitable to achieve this. Maybe I could use some plywood or MDF?

I have a few questions about my design:
    • Do you think there will be enough support using the capita legs to prevent the desktops and shelf warping? I could space the Ullrik legs close together.
    • Should I use less capita legs?
    • Is there anything you would change?

Parts List:
    2 x Ullrik Legs
    2 x Linnmon Table Top (150x75)
    1 x Ekby Amund (150x28)
    2 x Capita Legs 4 Pack (16CM)
    2 x Capita Brackets 2 Pack
    Possibly 1 or 2 x ADILS Support
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm living in a shared house in London, I won't probably buy much wood since I will have to leave it behind.
    But this is my first setup, this month it may drasticly change, so I thought I'd post first my "improvised" one.

IMG_1600setup.jpg
    IMG_setup.jpg

I need to get these monitors at ear level and the controller a bit higher, problem is that I'm adding a technics and a cdj soon...so yeh...we'll see what happens

Default My Gloss RED/Black Ikea set up with Vinyl wall

For your perusal is a taster pic of my Setup almost complete and functional now!

Lots of further details to post on the items and set up this week now the main phase 1 is finished and tested.

Hopefully the vinyl junkies amongst you will be interested in the Vinyl wall backdrop (they are real records). It took months of planning and collecting records and researching fixing options but all came together wonderfully and I'm very impressed.

setup1.jpg

The red units came from Ikea and I have managed to fit them together without any (fettling!) i.e. Not a cut or hole on any gloss surface (yet!)

I will detail how shortly if anyone is interested.

More detailed pics to follow

Hope you enjoy!

Ian.

Default You cannot buy Creativity, but creativity cannot buy you a DJ desk

So as title is saying 'improvised'
    I'm showing you my creative upcicling

Went from

To this

Quite tricky, using parts I found in the garage of the shared house I'm in...
    Best thing is that monitors are very close to ear level and managed to raise to perfect heigh the mixer/controller..
    But won't be able to add a deck into this setup...but yeh for $0

Side view to understand the engineering of my master project

I'm trying to build something that can function both as a computer desk and a DJ booth. I've looked through the thread and see a lot of good ideas, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm pretty handy but not much when it comes to actually designing something. Any help or guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.