The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Default dj stand

Quote Originally Posted by george_sparks View Post
    After spending months oogling everybody's set-ups on this forum I finally decided to make one for myself. So I spent today putting together this unit from various IKEA parts, I'm really happy with the outcome.

The only bits that aren't from IKEA are the pieces of oak I used as spacers beween the three levels.

As this is in my bedroom, it also doubles as a home entertainment system with my tv, xbox 360 and turntable (which is for listening purposes only, not DJing) all hooked up through my DJM800.

It's the perfect width for my CDJ1000s, DJM800, X1 and turntable. I have my Audio 6 and an external harddrive hidden under the speaker shelf with the USB cables coming through a hole to connect to my Macbook.

just wondering what you used as the top platform part? do u know what the name of the piece is?
    or does any one else know?
    thanks

Default RE: New to the game, my setup

Hey guys, here is my setup.
    guess i dont get points for originality, saving that for my mixing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Student

photo 1.jpg
    trying to upload my setup.
    Pieces:
    Ikea Besta TV cart
    Ikea Besta Shelving Unit
    2 x Capita Brackets
    4 x Capita 4" table legs
    Ikea Linmonn Table Top - 2" thick
    Ikea Lack Wall Shelf

Gear:
    M-Audio BX5 monitors
    Cerwin Vega 8" Studio Sub (behind desk)
    Kontrol S4 MK1
    Kontrol F1
    Monster Power Station
    Behringer Sonic Maximizer
    Behringer EQ

Where did you get all that hardware for the back of the Expedit bookcase? Like the L brackets and those straight white strips. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Tech Student

I found brackets at Home Depot. They come in a 4 pack. But any picture frame brackets will work.

Default Problem

Solved.
    Last edited by Appendix; 04-13-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Ikea, of course! My own take, inspired by the DJTT article. Still have work to do organizing and finishing the room as a whole, but I finally, at long last, have all the gear I want (thanks sales!) and a booth that's absolutely perfect for my needs.

Tech Convert

Default Kallax replaces the Expedit

I'm sure many of you are aware but for the uninformed as myself, I went to the IKEA website hoping to put together a double 2x8 Expedit base on either legs or castors as the foundation of my workstation. It turns out that the Expedit series has been replaced by the almost identical KALLAX series to cut back on material usage; i.e. wall thickness. I checked out the units and they don't seem to compromise the strength of the unit.

Also, I noticed in all of these setups, no one orients their 12s philly style. My preference is philly style; I suppose I could omit the integrated laptop stand/shelf or design a new one. Any ideas?

There was an article about that a bit back, mentioning the change to Kallax - also, an article about how to build these booths - it suggests if you want to orient your turntables battle style you'll need a second Expedit/Kallax for depth. That also gives you a lot more room so that you're not building the laptop shelf at the absolute edge. Search the DJTT blog for "ikea" and you're set.

Hi - i'm trying to create a new setup. Can anybody suggest where to find straight legs instead of the slanted capita ones that I can attach by screwing into the top and bottom of wood? Basically like the capita ones but straight!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40051196/

thanks.