The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    U best b trollin

Yeah I had to ignore that one. I'm going to put together a revised version in sketchup now...

This is another idea. It looks pretty unstable though with all the shit stacked up so high on the back I would be afraid it would fall over. Thoughts? The guy is 5' 9.5" (me height) for scale.

It seems a little bit high to be honest, I might like it better a couple inches lower but this is what I can do with these parts. The capita brackets bring the tabletop up 6" then the top is a bit over an inch thick. It might be perfect I'm just used to mixing at desk/table height.

Dude I just have to say, lovely modelling... Seriously cool.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I think a double expedit would serve you better regarding the depth of the desk.

Also bare in mind that the Expedits aren't known to do a a stable too heavy load. Especially with this setup, try to secure it as that it won't crash dive into the floor, with your gear splattered all around.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Dude I just have to say, lovely modelling... Seriously cool.
    Yeah I like wasting company time...

Tech Mentor

Higher is better for your back but I find it harder to scratch with the xfader so high.
    I'd use straight legs for the speakers for stability (and fill the base with lots of vinyl of coarse )

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I think a double expedit would serve you better regarding the depth of the desk.

Also bare in mind that the Expedits aren't known to do a a stable too heavy load. Especially with this setup, try to secure it as that it won't crash dive into the floor, with your gear splattered all around.
    Yeah this design worries me with how high it is getting. the expedit is only 16" wide on its side.

I'm just not sure how I would secure the two together. Then there is the problem that unless I put feet on them to raise it you can't stand with you feet under it and get close to the table.

At least with the single you can get right against it. I'm a little weary of how stable the two expedits would be with feet on them somehow secured together, it seems like it would be prone to fall apart where if I reinforced the single it might work like this.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 09-20-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Higher is better for your back but I find it harder to scratch with the xfader so high.
    I'd use straight legs for the speakers for stability (and fill the base with lots of vinyl of coarse )
    Anyone know where I can get straight stands similar to the expedit ones?

On my old setup I used pipe with flanges but it didn't look as nice as this stainless stuff.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

With the tabletop creating the overhang you can get right up next to it. I'll post pictures of mine later.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    With the tabletop creating the overhang you can get right up next to it. I'll post pictures of mine later.
    Right that's what i like about this last design but it looks really top heavy.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast