The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyberninjitsu View Post
    This really caught my eye. Any idea if this would fit TTs in battle position? I know the Kallax/Expedit needed two merged together but I don't know if that would be possible for this unit because it has a back wall

EDIT: Did some research and turns out they won't fit in battle position.
    I thought about this too. Might be able to get away with it just buying a couple pieces of quarter inch cut to size.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by cyberninjitsu View Post
    This really caught my eye. Any idea if this would fit TTs in battle position? I know the Kallax/Expedit needed two merged together but I don't know if that would be possible for this unit because it has a back wall

EDIT: Did some research and turns out they won't fit in battle position.
    Looks like you are almost exactly 2 inches short of some tech12s

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    The new Hotness for 2016 (ok they have been out for a little while.) All solid wood and the height of it is pretty much perfect for someone that is 5'11ish (at least for my taste...) a few ex expedit owners on one of the vinyl forums I'm on say that it is "way" sturdier then the expedit. Which makes sense since the expedit is mostly cardboard and this is solid wood. Just figured I would update everyone with a good, relativity cheap alternative. I think Ill be picking mine up within a month.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00280939/
    179.00.. My god that's expensive. This exact replica can be built for about 1/4 of the listed price with about 3-4hrs time.

I make $45 an hour so at 4 hours to make this just in labor your at $180 for my time plus material cost. Not to mention, there is no way im driving to buy material, getting it home, built and cleaned up in 4 hours. More like 8 hours from start to finish. So for me, $180 is well worth it for me.

Tech Wizard

I make $45 an hour so at 4 hours to make this just in labor your at $180 for my time plus material cost. Not to mention, there is no way im driving to buy material, getting it home, built and cleaned up in 4 hours. More like 8 hours from start to finish. So for me, $180 is well worth it for me.
    I was not concerned about how much you make
    hourly, but clearly you feel the need to address your annual income to the world.

I was stating that, for such a simple design that can be put together in a few hours on a Sunday, 179.00 is steep, actually it's a rip off. But hey, you're the fella that pays someone who's name would probably be 'Wilson' to stand and hold a towel next to you as you wash your hands.

Let me guess, people you meet tell you all the time that you've got the softest hands for a male?

A more reasonable reply would have been, 'I don't have the tools or the skills to construct something like that'.
    Last edited by Darken; 01-06-2016 at 12:14 AM.

^^

WOW!

He merely stated that 180 dollars is not bad, when you consider the labour, parts and gas to drive out to get it.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I think you've taken his response out of context, mate.

I don't think he was bragging about his income - just trying to demonstrate what his time is worth.

Personally, I too would rather spend the money on the unit than make one myself (and I do have the tools and the skills (but not the time!) to do it).

FWIW - I prefer the old Expedit to this unit. Expedit has compatible table-tops, so flipping TT's battle style is not a problem with Expedit builds.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I was not concerned about how much you make
    hourly, but clearly you feel the need to address your annual income to the world.

I was stating that, for such a simple design that can be put together in a few hours on a Sunday, 179.00 is steep, actually it's a rip off. But hey, you're the fella that pays someone who's name would probably be 'Wilson' to stand and hold a towel next to you as you wash your hands.

Let me guess, people you meet tell you all the time that you've got the softest hands for a male?

A more reasonable reply would have been, 'I don't have the tools or the skills to construct something like that'.
    lmfao

lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post

You dumb fuck. I'm an industrial construction worker IN CHICAGO. I have a garage full of tools and 13 years of experience.

And soft hands?

Lets see your callouses, Fuck boy.

Im a construction worker in one of the biggest cities in America, I have lifted weights since high school and I have done MMA for 10 years next month. You picked the wrong motherfucker to call soft.

But your girl doesn't mind my rough hands so its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think you've taken his response out of context, mate.
    I don't think he was bragging about his income - just trying to demonstrate what his time is worth.
    Thanks for bringing some logic to this thread, Bud. *cheers*

Tech Wizard

Lets see your callouses, Fuck boy.

Im a construction worker in one of the biggest cities in America, I have lifted weights since high school and I have done MMA for 10 years next month. You picked the wrong motherfucker to call soft.
    Mmmkay you actually bothered to snap a picture and post an image of your hand, lol.

And please, the whole 'you picked the wrong guy to yada yada, I'm an Internet gangsta' is old and serves no purpose. So calm your tits and go to ikea.