The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I can't believe they don't do straight capita brackets. I'd just go with the angled ones then and bring the speakers forwards a bit so the centre of gravity of the speakers isn't so far off the back of the overall unit or double up on the capita brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    I can't believe they don't do straight capita brackets. I'd just go with the angled ones then and bring the speakers forwards a bit so the centre of gravity of the speakers isn't so far off the back of the overall unit or double up on the capita brackets.
    Yeah, i wonder if anyone else sells anything...

Ah, cheers for the Capita legs reference, I was looking for them in the catalogue a couple weeks back and couldn't find anything.
    I'm using a single 2x4 expedit with everything stacked on top. At first, I wanted to put that on wheels but that would've been too wobbly, and I felt it'd be too high.
    Being 6ft tall (I could technically rest my wang on the mixer, not that I'd want to, even if it's a Xone) I noticed some slight back pain after playing more often/for longer than an hour at a time recently. This means I gotta raise things up.
    Considering using Capita legs which should be enough, but some of the comments here have me a little worried about stability. Not a big fan of adding an extra, deeper piece on top since I live in a small flat and I'm enjoying the reclaimed space from moving to the expedit and I don't miss having the laptop in front of me that much.

It looks like it is stable and does work. I haven't seen one with high monitor stands like I want though but found these on djf.

This is DJF user "The Baxter":

"TMorningstar":

"Dj Hi Def"

I have an idea for a straight stainless bracket.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00054564 one of those, somehow attach two together bottom to bottom so then you have a 13" straight leg with bracket on both ends.

it looks like the bottom is threaded so the feet screw out, maybe if I just took a straight threaded rod I could attach both together end to end.

Another idea....

This one looks more stable I just don't know how I would secure the two expedits together.

Tech Mentor

Metal brackets on the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    Metal brackets on the bottom?
    ikea capita feet

I know this picture sucks and it's insanely messy but I wanted to share my workstation area:

basically the monitor screen and nearfield monitors are raised up by around 15cm from the top of the desk. They're sitting on a section from an old Futon bed base that I sawed into pieces. On top of that is just some old shelving unit that I use as a rack for studio gear/cables etc.

Yeah it looks really shitty but functionally it's perfect

edit: here's a nicer picture of under the Futon bed base:

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    two technics, s4 in flight case, mpk49, ipad, maybe an apc40, maschine, and 2 x1's
    and you dare call yourself "xonetacular"

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast