The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 53
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    Very sick rig you've got there sir.
    Thank you sir ! It cost me a lean $40 too

Been browsing through the thread but still havent found a good option.

So I bought the expedit bookcase which currently sits on 4 capita legs and has 2 cdjs and a mixer ontop.

I want some legs for monitor stands (Krk rokit 5) they are quite heavy though (6.4kg each) what would the best option bee? In the djtechtools article they recomend the godmorgon legs

Would thes with a small wood piece ontop for the speaker be enough and stable to handle a monitor each? And what would be the best and most secure way to attach the legs ontop of the expedit book case since the inside of the book shelf is just cardboard?

To make a pair of speaker stands, I used 4 Ikea Sultan BED LEGS (2 per stand), and 2 Ikea Lack shelves.

lack-wall-shelf-black__60188_PE166194_S4.JPG sultan-supporting-leg-black__76488_PE196523_S4.JPG

To attach one leg to the shelf, I just screwed and glued.

To attach the other leg to the expedit, I used through bolts and repair washers with wing nuts. Holds my heavy ass hi-fi speaks fine.

Take one of the inserts out of one of the legs, then, flip the leg over and slot it onto the insert of other leg.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
    Been browsing through the thread but still havent found a good option.

So I bought the expedit bookcase which currently sits on 4 capita legs and has 2 cdjs and a mixer ontop.

I want some legs for monitor stands (Krk rokit 5) they are quite heavy though (6.4kg each) what would the best option bee? In the djtechtools article they recomend the godmorgon legs

Would thes with a small wood piece ontop for the speaker be enough and stable to handle a monitor each? And what would be the best and most secure way to attach the legs ontop of the expedit book case since the inside of the book shelf is just cardboard?
    Those along with a wood piece on top as the speaker platform should hold up just fine. What material incases the bookcase? Wouldn't matter if the internal material is cardboard, as long as the surface that the legs will screw down on is a hard surface.

How would you fix those Godmorgon legs to the table top?

You'd either need additional top plates, or a through bolt the same thread size as the adjustable foot of the leg...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    To make a pair of speaker stands, I used 4 Ikea Sultan BED LEGS (2 per stand), and 2 Ikea Lack shelves.

lack-wall-shelf-black__60188_PE166194_S4.JPG sultan-supporting-leg-black__76488_PE196523_S4.JPG

To attach one leg to the shelf, I just screwed and glued.

To attach the other leg to the expedit, I used through bolts and repair washers with wing nuts. Holds my heavy ass hi-fi speaks fine.

Take one of the inserts out of one of the legs, then, flip the leg over and slot it onto the insert of other leg.
    Super thanks! The sultan legs loogs like a good height (30cm). I need to raise the speakers 40cm for the tweeters to be at ear height so both the godmorgon (25cm) and capita (16cm) legs are way to short...

Will have to use through bolts and washers+nuts, just need to borrow a power tool, thanks!

Current setup:

13410341_10153457385346621_1614851937_o.jpg

2 x cdj 900 nxs
    Djm 600
    2 x rokit krk 5
    1 Expedit bookshelf
    4 x capita legs (these are however just attached by the tiny screws that were included...Have to remedy this)

To add:
    2 x sultan legs
    2 x wooden boards tor the monitors to stand on
    2 x vibration mats for the monitors

The Sultan legs are adjustable - you'll be able to set them to the perfect height for you. They'll definitely adjust to 40cm. Don't forget, the thickness of the lack shelves is around 3cm...

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The Sultan legs are adjustable - you'll be able to set them to the perfect height for you. They'll definitely adjust to 40cm. Don't forget, the thickness of the lack shelves is around 3cm...
    Thx, went ahead with the godmorgon ones instead!

qGBVe6c.jpg
    OJq6AWS.jpg
    A3HG2LG.jpg

1x Kallax
    6x capita legs bolted through 5Mx50mm bolts, washers and locknuts
    2x godmorgon legs bolted through 5Mx50mm bolts

Krk rokit 5
    CDJ 900 nxs
    DJM 600

Default Great ideas, but got a question?

I seen a lot of great ideas on here, and about ready to take the jump and create my own workstation, and turntable desk. I'm looking for a way to add my keyboard to slide under my desk when not in use. it's a 61 key M-audio Axiom. Has anybody made there desk with a sliding keyboard under it? what did you use? If you can reply back with a parts list and maybe some pic's that would be great. I see a lot of pics but can't find the info on what was used.
    Thank you very much

Default Need a 200 cm lenght desk

Hello, I've read around the thread and I see only desks with about 150 cm of lenght. I need just the same desks but with 200 cm lenght. The problem is that if I add some parts to KALLAX the lenght will exceed 200 cm: I mean, I don't find any pieces at IKEA to build a 200 cm surface with KALLAX and other stuff you used...can you help me find a solution if possible? Thanks in advance