The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 49
Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Default Nice

Very nice!
    Love how the controller and tt's are recessed into the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Peasey View Post
    Attachment 22919
    Attachment 22920

Updated to accommodate my new toy!

Default my updated dj table

Phase One
    Built basic table based on the original idea posted in this Thread.

Phase Two
    built a ledge for my Maschine, and to protect the TurnTables & Mixer from my crazy boys.

Phase Three
    I wanted to be able to view my Mixer's Level Meters while working with Maschine since i am routing my sound through it. bought a piece of plexi glass and cut out about a 1ft section from the ledge so i can see the mixer, but still have lots of space for Maschine and Mouse/Keyboard. I still have to clean up the edges a little bit, maybe put some thin trim around the plexi.

In a perfect world i guess i would have a separate table, but not enough room, and not enough money.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-05-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Default Advice needed

I have a single 2 x 4 Expedit shelf which currently has a pair of Stanton TT's and mixer. Also there is an Amp which I don't have room for anywhere else. The mixer sits on top of the amp which is no good at all. Inspired by this thread, I wanted to have a raised platform above the expedit and put the decks and mixer there, leaving the amp underneath.

Ikea (in Australia) don't stock the Vika Amon table top and the other table-tops were either too wide or deep for my small room. I went into my local store on the weekend and they had a "spare" expedit/kallax side panel which is the same size as what I needed (roughly 150 x 50cm). I also bought 4 x of the Godmorgon legs which I'm going to use to attach the two parts together, creating the gap I need. To put these together, I figure I need some bolts and screws, industrial washers and/or liquid nails to secure it. Anything else do you think?

Tech Wizard

Decided to make a custom bridge for my monitors to sit, ill try to get a better shot of the mixer but basically Ive flush mounted the xone92 into my workstation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tekki; 08-24-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Tech Wizard

Heres how it currently looks
    Last edited by tekki; 08-24-2015 at 03:37 PM.

That's a good job! Looks really nice.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

So many good ideas, it's hard to pinpoint what you want to build. Thanks for the such good inspirations

The new Hotness for 2016 (ok they have been out for a little while.) All solid wood and the height of it is pretty much perfect for someone that is 5'11ish (at least for my taste...) a few ex expedit owners on one of the vinyl forums I'm on say that it is "way" sturdier then the expedit. Which makes sense since the expedit is mostly cardboard and this is solid wood. Just figured I would update everyone with a good, relativity cheap alternative. I think Ill be picking mine up within a month.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00280939/

Last edited by the_bastet; 01-05-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    The new Hotness for 2016 (ok they have been out for a little while.) All solid wood and the height of it is pretty much perfect for someone that is 5'11ish (at least for my taste...) a few ex expedit owners on one of the vinyl forums I'm on say that it is "way" sturdier then the expedit. Which makes sense since the expedit is mostly cardboard and this is solid wood. Just figured I would update everyone with a good, relativity cheap alternative. I think Ill be picking mine up within a month.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00280939/
    This really caught my eye. Any idea if this would fit TTs in battle position? I know the Kallax/Expedit needed two merged together but I don't know if that would be possible for this unit because it has a back wall

EDIT: Did some research and turns out they won't fit in battle position.
    Last edited by cyberninjitsu; 01-05-2016 at 03:54 PM.