Behringer DDM-4000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

by the way i can try the unit ay my job just let me kno

Cool, could you try it?

I want to get an impression on this one, instead of hearing it from regular reviewers.
    (Would love to do reviews on these kinds of products. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

voltcontrol:

I apologize.... I was completely mislead since I actually posted in accordance to luigislaperig previous post. Sorry for deviating from the intended original "point".
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Tech Wizard

@Julio; No biggie.
    @Luigislaperig; looking forward to your findings!

Voltcontrol:

What do you think about the Mackie D4?
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Default Behringer DDM-4000

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    From what I've read, Behringer products are hit or miss...some are solid, and others just aren't at all. But yeah in general most people seem not to like their stuff.

Then at the same time, you have Daft Punk using their gear for their live show haha.

EDIT: If were to use a VCI + External Mixer, I wouldn't go for something like this. The reason is, I'd want a simpler mixer as anything 'complex' would be done on the VCI. I mean, isn't that the whole point?

I'd want my mixer to have a great EQ, high-quality faders, etc., but nothing too fancy as that's where the VCI kicks in. Don't jump in too quickly and save your dollars!

well, we're talking about a budget gear company....and yes, they are hit or miss...sure you get all these features for a good price...but the quality...the quality is just not there - to their defense,your getting a good price....but i wouldnt go near them......and about the daft punk mention -maynbe their getting sponsored by them.....
    Thanks,

Marco
    www.speakerfreaker.com
    downtempo goodness
    -------------------------
    2x Technics SL1200 MK2
    Pioneer DJM 3000
    Apple Macbook(OS/X 10.4)
    Traktor 3.2
    FinalScratch2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by speakerfreaker View Post
    but i wouldnt go near them.....
    I hope there are reasons to your argument, Behringer makes cheap/shitty products (The VMX mixer line for example, unafortunately out of experience), but thet also have supernice lowbudget solutions, I use a CX-3400 crossover and UCA202 which both work really great.

Behringer products definitely are hit-or-miss, I agree...

I personally don't avoid them.. I'm skeptical though...

Quote Originally Posted by speakerfreaker View Post
    ..and about the daft punk mention -maynbe their getting sponsored by them.....
    If you see their setup (and what they use it {the bcr's} for) you'd know what you're saying isn't true.
    Last edited by voltcontrol; 10-13-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Tech Mentor

Default my opinion on this mixer

hye guys i haved tried the Behringer DDM4000 well i only tried as a mixer i couldnt plug it in to a computer because it doesnt have a USB or firewire adapter it only have MIDI adapter so u will need a MIDI INTERFACE so u can plug in to ur computer so thats kind of a turn off but hey u can always get a cheap midi interface for example http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html i think they sale it for like 20 bucks so is a good cheap option.

well the effects unit is kind of complicated i spend like at least good 30 mins on the effect section they just way too hard to use and they are the regular effect like flanger,reverb,echo ETC they are not the easiest thing to use so i didnt use while i was trying the unit.

the faders are really good compared to like the BEHRINGER djx 700 i got impress by these im not going to say they are the best quality but they get the job done and the knobs are good they in the point they dont feel that cheap if you're use to use a high quality mixer like the pioneer DJM800 u will feel the diferrence but ofcourse if like comparing Mercedes BENZ and FORD u get my point

oh and almost forgot the output if anyone had a chance to use a djx700 u willl kno what im talking about the output on a DJX700 SUCKSSS they fixx this and the output on this baby way better againg not the best but is way better.

In conclusion im not saying is a bad option for a budget guy but is not the best option that you have out there i will probably save a lil and get like the korg zero 4.

if u want to kno anythyng else just ask thanks
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 10-14-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks dude!

I also heared a dutch guy having quite some positvie feedback, apart from the fact that his jack connector fell into the unit and the Behringer Distributor told him this was a wear and tear, he still loves the unit? :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

no problem tekk

yea like i said is a good option...but its also limited and complicated

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast