[AKAI MPK49] MIDI virtual routing question
    Tech Wizard

Default [AKAI MPK49] MIDI virtual routing question

I'm looking for information on splitting up the midi signals coming from my Akai MPK49... just want to say first of all if anyone is considering an MPK49 for production/live performance Id say go for it, rock solid build quality and lots of options for midi software control... but anyways I want to route the midi notes from the keyboard to a seperate virtual midi port so I can use them to play wobble patches in reason 5 over some drum loops I've made.

I imagine this is possible with a program like Bome's MIDI Translator, would I be correct? Also if you have experience doing something similiar, any advice would be greatly appreciated?

the rest of my mpk is mapped to control a 2 deck traktor setup with 2 fx units and all my hotcues, loop controls etc, and I have my android phone set up with touchosc using the xy pad to control a 3rd fx unit just like a kaoss pad... I feel like having the ability to play my own bass/ lead synths would bring my live performance to the next level!

Tech Wizard

finally got this figured out, bomes midi translator is awesome! im hoping it will give me a unique edge but I need to make some tweaks to help integrate with my style of mixing.