New setup

Thread: New setup

Tech Mentor

Default New setup

I have bought a new setup (CDJ350s and a DDM4000), works all great, but how do you guys organize music on USB sticks? I haven't found a good way because the two USBsticks need to have the same content...

Before i had this classic 2 deck setup I DJed with a MIDI-controller, now i really have to learn to beatmatch, phasematching is really easy, but setting the same BPM is not. Any tips how to train that as fast as possible?

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

use rekordbox to organize your music . The way i was using my cdj's 350 before was i organized my usb sticks by genre then subgenre . Cool thing about the cdj 350 is that the bpm can show exemple : 128.5 . Its really accurate

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm indeed using Rekordbox, and i'm starting my collection all over again, max. 1000 songs, only 320kbps, and all rekordbox beatgridded . Rekordbox BPM reader only works tight when correctly beatgridded right?

Tech Wizard

From what i remember , all i did was analyze my tracks and transfered them to my usb sticks . worked really well , bpm was tight , super easy to dj with . As you know the cdj 350 only shows one line of text when your browsing , so it would be a really great idea to make some crates. I was seriously amazed with the cdj 350's performance with usb sticks . i used to have cdj 400 before and it was almost not usable due to the fact it took way too long to load.

Tech Mentor

Well, i probably didn't analyze my tracks then . Thanks! By crates you mean taglists or something? One downside of rekordbox (besides it not being stable) is the unabilty of changing tracknames etc from Rekordbox :\.

This is kind of off topic but I'm just curious to know why you decided to get a DDM 4000 instead of the DJM-350?
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Savage View Post
    This is kind of off topic but I'm just curious to know why you decided to get a DDM 4000 instead of the DJM-350?
    Just a guess but I think its because there's a lot more features comparable to a more expensive pioneer model but at a cheaper price.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

Indeed, i tried the 350, seemded really solid, but the fx only could be applied to the master. Also i want 4 deck mixer so i can connect my midi controller and laptop. This way i don't need to have all the songs on usb stick whem playing out

Agree on that, DJM 350 is solid but really basic. RCA output only, 2 decks + 1 aux..
    That's mainly because of that and the lack of effect on it that i came to controllerism.