Ordering a MidiFighter - What button colours to choose?

Default Ordering a MidiFighter - What button colours to choose?

Hi, I'm seriously considering ordering a Midi Fighter but am confused as to what colours i should choose for the layout. i know this obviously a personal choice, but looking at the 2 vids for the mappings released by Ean, having a mix of different colours for key buttons seems like a good idea (for ex. red to activate sample mode). Can anybody suggest how many different colours should be used in order to make best use of the available mappings? Other than the mappings I mainly want to use it for dropping hot cues (4 for 2 decks) so that would leave 8 buttons that would need different colours for other functions (i'd appreciate some suggestions for this as well!).
    Thanks!

I went with Ean's colourings

do u know what tsi u might want to use it with? deckalized or instant grat? or if custom then more likely to be 4banks mode or normal?

i bought mine 2nd hand but it came with spare buttons so i was able to lay them out how i wanted. i'm experimenting with routing it via my midimasher app using 4 toggles on my launchpad to change between 4 layers of the midi fighter, one of which is in internal 4banks mode, so i wanted something generic that would make sense for the various mappings i wanted to use. this is what i came up with:

all really depends on what u want to map it to really i guess...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"