HOWITZER - Interface Mix. dubstep, Brostep & dancefloor dnb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HOWITZER - Interface Mix. dubstep, Brostep & dancefloor dnb

Easy all,
    Something a little removed from my usual minimal/liquid dnb mixes. This mix is intended for a competition running in my local area to get a set at a large club on an awesome Funktion One rig.

Needless to say, I HAD to at least try. So This is suited to the more commercial side of dnb, dubstep & 'Bass Music' in general, with a few tunes that are more my flavour

It'd be awesome to get my plays and likes up, so give it a go

Perfect Stranger - Katy B
    I Can't Stop - Flux Pavilion
    Escaping Monday - 501
    Freak (Dubstep Mix) - Drumsound & Bassline Smith
    First Flight - The Others
    Wasteland (with SPL) - BLACK SUN EMPIRE
    Sunlight - MODESTEP
    The More I Want - DC Breaks
    Link To The Past - Loadstar
    Life Cycle - Friction
    No Fear - Enei
    Brainstorm - Hamilton
    The World (Teebee Remix) - Emalkay
    First Contact - Rido & Hybris

All comments and critique welcome and I hope you enjoy it
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

On the D/L now, will let you know what I think about it when I get back to civilization this evening
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

bump. Mike, you got any feedback mate?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Pon de DL
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen_Insane View Post
    Pon de DL
    Wicked mate, I'm interested to hear your thoughts

You should get yourself out a new mix too mate, just checked your soundcloud. No new mixes

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Solid mix as per usual man, my only issue is I didn't really like most of the tracks that much... still can't fault the mixing though.

As for me? I've got a couple mixes I'm working on (one almost done, should get it up in the next couple of weeks). Not having internet at home right now is a serious setback to getting stuff up though.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Thanks for the feedback man

Its a little different from my usual offerings it must be said. All dancefloor oriented wih popular tunes as I think this is what this particular club is after. At least thats what usually graces their speaker system on dnb & dubstep nights.

Maybe I shouldve given them something a little more my style; a heavy minimal affair. But you gotta cater for the crowd, even if you dont rate the music highly

Looking forward to hearing your next mix man, drop me a PM when you get it up

Flash,

The mixing was well done, and I pretty much have to agree with Citizen...Not a big fan of the songs themselves, but the mixing was pretty much on point. My wife on the other hand (who is not into edm) like alot of the drumstep stuff that you mixed in there...

...she probably likes the Howitzer more than the bighead now....this is a sad thing :P

Be easy, and sorry for the long wait for the reply, been working a really murderous schedule lately....
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix a week or so ago, while washing dishes and cleaning around the house. I listened on the downstairs Bose speakers. Here's my feedback.

- I really don't like this style of uber commercial *-step, in general. But your track selection, for this style, was above average. Your harmonic transitions were all reasonable. I didn't hear any problems with levels or phrasing.

- I was kinda surprised that I enjoyed this mix as much as I did. Your mixing style avoided the excesses of the music as much as possible, which actually made it more exciting to listen to.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    My wife on the other hand (who is not into edm) like alot of the drumstep stuff that you mixed in there...
    Wierd how people who arent into EDM like the really corny cheezy stuff isnt it? I guess its more accessible, to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    ...she probably likes the Howitzer more than the bighead now....this is a sad thing :P
    Youre gonn ahave to lay down some phat beats to trample my efforts then eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    - I really don't like this style of uber commercial *-step, in general. But your track selection, for this style, was above average. Your harmonic transitions were all reasonable. I didn't hear any problems with levels or phrasing
    Easy Awesomer, thanks for commenting on my mixes again
    Thanks for the great feedback, I tried to choose popular songs that were the least abrasive. I agree that a lot of dancefloor, jump-up & brostep has lost its way. Its just unbearable noise for the most part. I'm glad you thought my selection was on point

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    - I was kinda surprised that I enjoyed this mix as much as I did. Your mixing style avoided the excesses of the music as much as possible, which actually made it more exciting to listen to.
    Im not 100% clear on what you mean by 'excesses of the music', is it quick transitions in and out of tracks that worked for you? Or something else entirely?

Thanks again guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast