Ableton: "Corrupt" .wav file saved from Traktor

Default Ableton: "Corrupt" .wav file saved from Traktor

I cannot seem to get around this issue, even after reading the rather large amount of similar problems other Traktor users had.

I recorded a 4hr set via Traktor.
    Merged two .wav files in Audacity (as Traktor cuts it after ~2gb) and re-exported as .wav.
    Did not enter any additional metadata into the .wav.
    Attempt to load into Ableton:
    "File could not be read. It may be corrupt or not licensed."

Many, many posts on the internetz show that this is related to Traktor data being stored in the wav file.

Foobar2000 on OS X cannot remove this info.
    VLC cannot remove this info.
    iTunes cannot remove this info.

I imported the .wav into Traktor, then deleted from my library while selecting the option to remove Traktor data from the file. It gave a quick error that it could not write to the ID3 tag, and then was gone.

Still no luck.

It should not be this hard to move a .wav from Traktor into Ableton for final processing.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks,
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Will it open in Audiacity ? .. if so, export the wav to a different location and try it from there.

Forgot to mention that.

I re-opened the .wav in Audacity, attempted to clear out any metadata stored there, then re-exported as a new file name (didn't really try a new folder; it's in the same folder on the same SSD), but it still does not work.

Bump. Nothing on this? No response on the NI forums either.

Have you tried converting it to a lossless format like flac and back to wav?
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Gave that a quick shot in Max 0.9.1 but no luck.

However, there a many .wav formats to convert to (e.g. Signed 16bit PCM, Signed 32bit PCM, 32 bit float, etc.), so I'm going to give those a shot just to see what happens and will report back.

Any more ideas? :]

I've been able to merge multiple Traktor output WAV files with Logic.... I think if there's a problem, it's on the DAW you are using for the merge.

Yeah, I had a suggestion from the NI forums:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=148976

Basically, a single .wav recorded worked fine in Ableton, so Audacity either has a default setting I missed, or I goofed something up when joining them.

Now I need to see if there is a way to repair the .wav, or fix it, or something so I don't have to re-record everything (even though it might be worth the practice).

Thanks,

Tech Mentor

I have seen this problem when using mp3 in ableton.. normally after a reformat. To fix it all i have had to do is install quicktime. not sure if this helps in any way??
    Last edited by jamthrax; 09-20-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Default Reply

usualy this thing is cause by custom ID3 tags done by traktor, you should remove all cutom ID tags,
    i have found it to be something else:

for ableton 9 64 bit, you need to install the follwoing codecs:

Demuxer: Haali Media Splitter (also known as MatroskaSplitter, download directly)
    Codec: ffdshow 1.2.4422 (H.264, DV)

Sagi Green
    VP Biz Dev
    Crazy Designs
    info@crazydesigns.biz
    http://www.crazydesigns.biz

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    I cannot seem to get around this issue, even after reading the rather large amount of similar problems other Traktor users had.

I recorded a 4hr set via Traktor.
    Merged two .wav files in Audacity (as Traktor cuts it after ~2gb) and re-exported as .wav.
    Did not enter any additional metadata into the .wav.
    Attempt to load into Ableton:
    "File could not be read. It may be corrupt or not licensed."

Many, many posts on the internetz show that this is related to Traktor data being stored in the wav file.

Foobar2000 on OS X cannot remove this info.
    VLC cannot remove this info.
    iTunes cannot remove this info.

I imported the .wav into Traktor, then deleted from my library while selecting the option to remove Traktor data from the file. It gave a quick error that it could not write to the ID3 tag, and then was gone.

Still no luck.

It should not be this hard to move a .wav from Traktor into Ableton for final processing.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks,