Sound Card Help

Thread: Sound Card Help

Default Sound Card Help

I was wondering if it would be necessary to get a sound card if I'm doing all of my mixing in ableton and I'm not doing any headphone cueing. If would it be fine if I just hooked my laptop straight to a mixer with 1/8" to RCA cables or a 1/8" to 1/4" cable that's outputting to a PA instead of hooking my laptop to a sound card like the audio 2 dj and then plugging that into the mixer.

I guess what I'm mainly wanting to know is if a sound card makes that big of a difference in audio quality if you don't need to do any cueing with headphones or mix with an external mixer.

Tech Mentor

Most laptop internal soundcards sound like garbage, especially on a good sound system. I would pick up an Audio 2 from NI at minimum.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Most laptop internal soundcards sound like garbage, especially on a good sound system. I would pick up an Audio 2 from NI at minimum.
    Alright. Thanks for the quick reply!