Too many traktors??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Too many traktors??

As there seems to be a few variations on this sofftware how do I know what one is right for me?
    Is there a breakdown of the specific versions and what they bring to the table pros/cons?
    Is there a ultimate version with all features included??
    If two different types are bought do they join as one or are two seperate programms?

Any ideas??

Traktor Pro 2 if you use a controller.

Traktor Scratch Pro 2 in you use vinyl timecode.

simple enough.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

Thanks

Is all the software indivually purchasable?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy Gash View Post
    Thanks

Is all the software indivually purchasable?
    Each version in that list is available seperatly. Both full Scratch versions come with a sound card. Unless you have a previous version or a compatible mixer or sound card (NI only) you don't qualify for any of the upgrades.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Even if you have bought the sound cards and own different versions of Traktor, be very careful with the website.

I bought a new audio 6 and timecode vinyls thinking I could go to the NI website and upgrade from Traktor Pro 2. I have now purchased several items recommended by the NI website over a week ago. I STILL don't have anything that works as a valid serial number for DVS.

NI USA support is not the easiest or quickest to work with.

My advice is to try to figure out exactly what you want from the beginning and buy that. If you try to build a system and add features as you go, NI will make it very difficult for you.

Jimmy

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mixographer View Post
    Even if you have bought the sound cards and own different versions of Traktor, be very careful with the website.

I bought a new audio 6 and timecode vinyls thinking I could go to the NI website and upgrade from Traktor Pro 2. I have now purchased several items recommended by the NI website over a week ago. I STILL don't have anything that works as a valid serial number for DVS.

My advice is to try to figure out exactly what you want from the beginning and buy that. If you try to build a system and add features as you go, NI will make it very difficult for you.

Jimmy
    I wasn't even considering this sort of possiblity..I thought it would be pretty straight forward to add pieces here and there? How is digital aint as simple as buying decks, mixer tune's DMT FTW...

Tech Convert

Yes, you would think it would make great sense to make it easy to upgrade Traktor Pro 2 to Traktor Scratch Pro. It seems to be nearly impossible without starting over with a complete product. I am having a horrible time with NI.

Quote Originally Posted by mixographer View Post

Jimmy
    1) There isn't a direct upgrade path from Traktor Pro 2 to Traktor Scratch Pro 2, unless they've changed it recently.

2) If you want Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and have Traktor Pro 2, the recommended patch is to sell Traktor Pro 2 to offset the cost of Scratch Pro 2. The only upgrades to Scratch Pro 2 they have, to my knowledge, are to upgrade from an older version of Scratch, from Scratch (1 or 2) Duo, or from Traktor S4. If you want a system with the Audio 6 and Scratch Pro 2, you're best off getting Traktor Scratch Duo 2 and then upgrading to Traktor Scratch Pro 2. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help. I don't work for NI but I had been looking at the pricing for a while before I ended up getting my S4.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What keeb says is truth. There is no upgrade path from regular Pro to Scratch. The Scratch software is completely separate even though they are identical minus the DVS capabilities.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast