Speakers, Amps, cables Oh My!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    You should keep in mind that the KRK spekares are near-field monitors, they are not suitable as an improv PA system, as they're designed to have a flat frequency response, rather than colouring the sound fora pleasant listening experience.
    Disagree. The listening experience with the Rokits is very pleasant, that's why so many DJs have them in their home setups. For perfect flat response for production you're probably better off with the VXTs, but they're a lot more expensive and for house parties the extra quality they give you is unnecessary.

If ALL you want to do with these speakers is rock house parties, you'd be better off with a PA system than monitors, but if they're for DJing/listening and the occasional house party the Rokit 8s would be ideal.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I was using 6s pretty much maxed (running very hot after a couple hours) in an apartment with maybe 30 people. I'm sure a pair of 8s would go significantly louder but I have a hard time believing "deafeningly loud" club level over 200 people on their own. Can't really argue the point as its comparing subjective experiences, so I'll leave it at that. I don't really see any reason to get monitors if you're looking for loudspeakers. If you want to use them primarily as monitors and double over for a party every once in a while, that's reasonable. But if you want PA speakers, just get PA speakers.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

If ALL you want to do with these speakers is rock house parties, you'd be better off with a PA system than monitors, but if they're for DJing/listening and the occasional house party the Rokit 8s would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    If you want to use them primarily as monitors and double over for a party every once in a while, that's reasonable. But if you want PA speakers, just get PA speakers.

Yeah I think thats really what I am going for, something that I can use for normal listening and mixing at home but that will be strong enough, good sounding enough for the one off house party I end up throwing here and there at my place.

Honestly I'll probably just end up doing about an hour live set then just put on some of my mixes I already have recorded. Its my girlfriends party so I'm sure she'll not like it if I am mixing all night.

I'm pretty much settled on the VXT8's instead of the rockits, more expensive but in the long run I think I will be happier with them longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12