2 timecode vinyle decks, and BEHRINGER DDM 4000 internal mixer?

Default 2 timecode vinyle decks, and BEHRINGER DDM 4000 internal mixer?

so the BEHRINGER DDM 4000 is a midi mappable mixer right? so i can assign traktors internal mixer staright to this thing? making recording a mix a whole lot easier too, and i can still assign decks cd into the mixer too right?

this is apparently the best mixer behringer have put out... i have the djx 750... it feels tacky and nasty =/ so out with the old and in with the new =]

thanks =]
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2 - NI Audio 10
    Dnb - Dubstep -Fidget House

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You'll have to buy a midi to USB cable since I don't think the DDM4000 has a usb port. You'll also need a sound card to cue with if you're mixing internally, or even externally for that matter. It's best to think of that mixer as a controller rather than a mixer as you won't be running anything in or out of the mixer other than midi.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

so i can cue with the audio 10 soundcard and connect the mixer into the midi in port?

at the minute, i try and record a mix. but when i play it back its recording everything, including the cuing? i know i dont have this set up right so im looking into that now.

But i thought this mixer would act as a controller for traktors interface mixer. im really trying to understand all this still. lol.

thanks again
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750

yep with the audio 10 that mixer should do everything you need. It's either a controller if you're mixing internally or a mixer if you mix externally. As for recording, if you mix externally you need to feed the output back into the Audio 10 for recording so you don't record the cueing. If you mix internally you just need to tell traktor to record the mix internally, you shouldn't have any problems there (though of course your headphones should be plugged into the audio 10 and not the behringer).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

ahh thank you very much =]. im guessing that even though my main problem has been the fact ive had my djx750 setup wrong for external mixing =/ il still be able to do alot lot more with the ddm4000!

the original plan was to look for a 4 channel mixer where all 4 channels supported turntables. (channel 1 is for line inputs primarily in the 750) so i had two channels for time code, and two channels for analoug vinyl, because i miss using it and it saves keep switching cables when i have the extra decks... but this looks neato! im going to have a bang tidy home setup by the end of the year ;]

thanks for the helps
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750

christ... i dont even need a another mixer for that... just switch the channel from line to phono and i can play regular vinyl =/ idiot
    2 x ST150's
    Pro Behringer DJX750

yeah or play it using Audio Through in Traktor... no need for extra channels.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Hi just wondering how you got on with the DDM4000?

I'm looking at doing the same thing I wanted a mixer i can use as a controller / standalone

I all ready have a pioneer DDJ-T1 so i like the controller aspect but I've also got lots of vinyl and wanted to use both so a digital vinyl system seems the best.

I just wasn't sure on what type of mixer was good for midi mapping. although i do have novation dicers too so only need a few functions from the DDM

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidant View Post
    I just wasn't sure on what type of mixer was good for midi mapping. although i do have novation dicers too so only need a few functions from the DDM
    Best ones at the moment are the Traktor Z2 and the Reloop IQ2 MIDI

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidant View Post
    Hi just wondering how you got on with the DDM4000?

I'm looking at doing the same thing I wanted a mixer i can use as a controller / standalone

I all ready have a pioneer DDJ-T1 so i like the controller aspect but I've also got lots of vinyl and wanted to use both so a digital vinyl system seems the best.

I have had this mixer for around 2 years, and think that for the money, its a great bit of kit. I don't really use it as a midi controller, as I think its a touch over-complicated as far as the layout goes, but that I think is just personal preference.

If I didn't covet another mixer so much (DJM2000 Nexus, for those of you who haven't heard me harp on about it ;-) ), I think that one of the only reasons I would swap this at the moment is for its lack of send/returns.

Decent bit of kit though, have fun and enjoy!
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir