constructive criticism
    Tech Convert

Default constructive criticism

Hey all,

first post, decided I'd try to be constructive. I bought my MF Pro about a month ago, and while I'm waiting for a patch for the windows 7 utility I've got a couple things to point out. Please don't take this as sarcasm.

This is the first piece of musical equipment that I've bought in 10 years that hasn't come with a manual. I know the manual isn't all that big but, maybe you could include things like-

There is a manual on our forums.
    There is a menu mode, which you can learn on our forums.
    There is a utility you need to download on our forums.
    There are mappings on our forums,

in the box. And not here, because I bought the MF Pro with the notion that it would be. I realize that you're a small operation, and that most of my tech questions should be answered here, but those things should come with a $350 boutique piece of equipment.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

While I strongly agree that we are lacking in our proper documentation for these products, and that the forum is a poor way to serve technical information, I can say we will not be printing any material, probably ever.

We are working on an update to the Midifighter.com web site which will contain all this information in a much clearer format, and contain downloadable PDFs for those who like paper.

If you have any specific requests for documentation send them my way!

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

By the way - don't wait for a patch, there is a clear guide on how to solve the drive issue here.

Windows 7 DFU Driver Fix

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Doesn't it say something about the website on the certificate? Maybe changing the wording or adding head to midifighter.com for owners manuals and updates.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    By the way - don't wait for a patch, there is a clear guide on how to solve the drive issue here.

Windows 7 DFU Driver Fix
    ;A; I did that already, the fix wasn't showing up anywhere so I left a Voicemail @ TS.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Doesn't it say something about the website on the certificate? Maybe changing the wording or adding head to midifighter.com for owners manuals and updates.
    No, I never got anything like that.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yep, on the back of my certificates it says "Visit midifighter.com for set up videos and performance tutorials".