New Laidback Luke DJsounds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    does anyone notice how the DJ's always have the channel and master gains maxed in the red? Are the pio mixers made to do that without distorting?
    I noticed this on other radio shows (and in many clubs), too
    My idea is that they simply use the mixer as a kind of compressor to even out the levels of different songs and effects, for compressor "pumping" or whatever. Nowadays, digital mixers have ways of not distorting red signals.

This makes me guess that "no red levels" is not what _all_ sound engineers go for

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    [...] For instance, his "signature" cuts and scratches can sometimes get a little bit annoying in my opinion.

From another point of view, I do like the fact that he feels so relaxed as to have fun messing around that much even if some won't like it. That clearly shows he's having a LOT of fun and enjoying what he's doing.
    This is why I am not exactly into recording mixes. A lot of mixes that work great in clubs have many small flaws that you only notice when you listen to them at home and noone cares about in a club
    Last edited by K.T.I.T.; 09-22-2011 at 04:41 AM.

I was really enjoying this whole DJsounds until he hit the hitch pitch duth sound then it killed the mood for me. But gotta give the guy credit! He does what he does well!

No one lives up to the fantasy,

and I didn't intend on shitting in laidback lukes cornflakes.

Yeah sure he might scratch a bit too much, in one of the other videos one of the djs was going crazy with the cue button for a phrase longer then i thought was necessary but it still doesn't change their status'.

These videos are sick in the sense that we can see what the top djs are doing rather then the actual performances being perfection.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    I would have to agree with you if I was looking to critique the mix. But funnily enough it makes me even more excited to go home and and jam out some beats and do whatever feels fun without being to worried about perfection
    That's true! Whenever I listen to his sets I feel immediately the urge to jam for a while with no care about anything and just have fun whatever the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leo View Post
    No one lives up to the fantasy,

and I didn't intend on shitting in laidback lukes cornflakes.

Yeah sure he might scratch a bit too much, in one of the other videos one of the djs was going crazy with the cue button for a phrase longer then i thought was necessary but it still doesn't change their status'.

These videos are sick in the sense that we can see what the top djs are doing rather then the actual performances being perfection.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I've been watching to these series of videos since I started dj'ing (almost a year now) and they've helped me a LOT as a way to learn. It's also very fun to watch. Then again, I'm not hating on LL's set, just pointing out a few things that don't work too much for me even though he's still one of my favorite dj's and producers.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12