Macbook Pro Question!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Macbook Pro Question!!!

I'm getting close to pissing of my desktop. Not that its shit, I just want something more convienient but I have one main question which I can only really get an answer from user experience which is why I come to you guys ;D

When you use your macbook pro does the left palmrest get hot enough for you to notice it and annoy you? I had a dell and it used to do this daily after like 3 hrs of use and nothing pissed me off more with it.

my macbook pro (2010, 13 inch, 2.4ghz C2D , 8GBDDR3, 750GB HDD) does this when im watching flash videos online (youtube, videozer , vimeo etc)

and ONLY when watching flash movies
    weird huh?

When using Traktor pro 2 on 4 decks it doesnt even get that warm at all
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    my macbook pro (2010, 13 inch, 2.4ghz C2D , 8GBDDR3, 750GB HDD) does this when im watching flash videos online (youtube, videozer , vimeo etc)

and ONLY when watching flash movies
    weird huh?

When using Traktor pro 2 on 4 decks it doesnt even get that warm at all
    What about when your listening to music in iTunes or making music in Cubase (Used it as example cause I saw in your sig )

macs only get hot when watching flash

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

+1 Flash is about the only thing that crashes and makes the fans whine, it seems to load everything into ram for some reason and doesn't release it so everything chugs, killing the process (flash player) sorts things out.

The only thing that I can do to consistently make my MBP run hot is with excessive video processing load (2011 model with integrated video card). This becomes more prevalent with an external monitor. As stated there are some odd inconsistent problems wih flash being poorly managed. The heat is nowhere near the consistency or intensity of PCs that I've used.

mine gets hot with flash but even if I close the lid and run flash videos on an external monitor it's nowhere near as bad as my old VAIO was.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by liam1895 View Post
    What about when your listening to music in iTunes or making music in Cubase (Used it as example cause I saw in your sig )
    Actually cubase 6 runs pretty cool, seriously pretty much all the audio related stuff does not heat up my MacBook pro all that much (protools, ableton, logic, I got them all at edu prices because i am an audio engineering student)

But one time when I had to work with final cut pro (video editing software) damn my MacBook pro got really warm!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

i noticed this too. im a mac noob, thought it was normal, hasnt effected my programs and keeps me warm in the cold

Another +1 for flash heating my MBP up. My way of working is I prefer safari as my default browser so I haven't installed flash. I also have Chrome available which has it's own sandboxed version of flash built into it.
    This way when i'm browsing the web with safari, no ads or useless junk using up all my batter and making my laptop hot.
    When there are videos or stuff that needs flash i just pull up chrome and bam! Sandbox Flash!

Other than that iTunes is as easy for my mac as notepad for PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast