Traktor 2.1.1 update out - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Tech Guru

Anyone figure out how to unlock the tempo faders while using scratch? It still won't allow me to move the tempo faders and I searched the preferences and found nothing.

The Kontrol S2 that i have coming...will this come with the latest 2.1.1 software to you recon??

Its due to me first week in October

Cpod
    Mac Book Pro,Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2,Traktor 2 Pro Software,KRK Rokit's,Sennheiser HD25's

Tech Mentor

No it'll probably come with just the basic install of traktor 2, which will then allow you to upgrade to 2.1.1 in the service centre.

I personally love the upgrade, it sounds as if the audio drivers for the audio 8 have gotten a bit of a shuffle around, everything sounds a bit more crisp, and the headroom option is great!
    Macbook/DJM800/2x Kontrol x1's/Traktor Scratch Pro

Ok thanks for the answer Eeloe
    Mac Book Pro,Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2,Traktor 2 Pro Software,KRK Rokit's,Sennheiser HD25's

Tech Mentor

Install 2.1.1 demo now. Plug in serial later. Profit!

i aswell am really curious about external mixer headroom, but am having trouble to justify why i should bother playing with something like this, i am planning on recording a mix in the next 2 days and having it as good as i can would be great, i usually only have my mixer volume knob between 20-40% (any more then around 40 my speaks slowly start to distort, before the mixer even shows red basically, i have a ddm4000 that i have ultramizing on gentle boost mode (+6db)(gives more clear, vibrant sound) i usually mix with the gains around 40% aswell and usually getting 3-4 (mostly 3, 4 at big peaks) of the 6 lights for volume on each channel, i like to keep everything in the middle, but because i use the tape out for recording seperate of the knobs i use for monitors and master. tonight when recording i was maxing gain knob in traktor (wich meant to get the volume just right i was screwing around with the gain just the tinniest bit, and i will mention, i found it almost near impossible to have an audio recording as loud as a solid mastered 320, yet not hitting red in traktors recorder, i probly could have got the tiniest bit of red and it would have been perfect, but i tried to stay in the safe zone and now traktor re gain's at +2, so im assuming external mixer headroom will help me if i increase my gain by 3, then go onto my mixer and turn it down by one. i think this would help, but would it be more or less practical for the speakers im regularly listening and playing out on because i feel by turning it up im gonna give myself less area for precise control on the master knob, and a way worse noise if it ever got turned up somehow (onetime my friend grabbed it for fun, yes, huge LOL, i still make fun of him for it)

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Dang, I'm gonna have to wait on this unfortunately; I have a date to watch Republicans call each other names on TV tonight and drink shots every time they mention Ronald Reagan....
    Hahahaha, sounds like a fun game
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Maybe a software control of what your min/max levels can be. I'll do some research.

It allows you to add a higher headroom, a higher clipping threshold.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/.../t-889429.html
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Anyone figure out how to unlock the tempo faders while using scratch? It still won't allow me to move the tempo faders and I searched the preferences and found nothing.

You have to declick the sync option.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast