Genre name ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genre name ?

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    moombalectrostepousecore...

and bass
    +1000000000 internets to you
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    that would be moombahton or moobahcore
    ...also known as miami bass 2010 or moronstep.

genres these days, remember when trance was trance and house was house?

now we have like a million different subgenres to the point that its getting pointless to categorize tracks other than by bpm and by how the track "feel" hahaha
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post

now we have like a million different subgenres to the point that its getting pointless to categorize tracks other than by bpm and by how the track "feel" hahaha
    this

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    like i said...
    sorry, was only elaborating on your reply with a google definition so to speak.

@ the OP. the example was more relevant to the google definition than your examples.

failed this test lol
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Well comming from the land that gave birth to reggaeton, it's safe to say they are having a sort of revival playing that shit from 1989 "Dembow" or "reggaeton revial"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESLdN...eature=related

and this shit is getting hot. Sadly.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

i don't have any clue about this genre (or most probably ) but just wanted to chime in to say i really liked that porter robinson mix posted by the OP. the dirty bass wobblyness really makes sense there - rather than just being there in a *step kind of way... cool...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post

Ok, no offense but that kind of behaviour is really annoying.

"Oh yeah i'm 42 years old, been working in my local club of 35 years, owwwwh yeah good times, old times, you shitty young generation can't understand house music, it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing..."

I guess we can't even imagine how it was, owww theses glorious days of house music. If i want to know if this subgenre has a name, to make looking for the same type of songs easier, can't I ?

You are an embittered and pretencious guy that thinks he has heard and seen everything about music, and i guess you play on turntables of the swag, because ooowhhh house music is pure, awesome, and way above my shitty-emo-kid-electromoobahtoncoremoronstep.

Hope you got the point and you're not upset about that, but really, that "I'm a boss" mentality pisses me off.

Cheers !

Unless you strictly follow one genre of music, I don't understand how you can call yourself a dj of electronic music and not know moombahton at this point. What's the point of hating on the genre? It gives djs a whole new bpm range to play around with. It has a familiar house type beat, but it's at a tempo that girls can shake thier ass too (females loooove moombahton btw). Also Dope, the track zaniac posted is the same genre that you posted. How can you insult Zaniac's musical competence when you know little to nothing about the genre. Que Que was one of the biggest/most popular moombahton tracks this year. Moombahton has many different flavors/sub genres from moombahcore to moombahsoul. Just like HOUSE music has many different styles from tribal to tech to electro.

Edit: Also Quenepas, other than the similar bpm range, that is not moombahton at all...and that stuff is not really getting hot because that was just not a good song period... There is a strong influence/infusion of dancehall/reggaeton/kuduro/bailefunk music happening in electronic music right now though dubbed Global Bass.
    Last edited by Kid Quest; 09-26-2011 at 01:25 PM.

The borderline between tech house and techno -- where I operate today, techno house? -- is so blurry nowadays so it's kind of pointless to classify some songs. Usually if I hear a more accentuated open hi-hat it's more tech house than techno. Anyway, the best is make your own definitions of musical styles and apply those when categorizing music. I've done that multiple times for Beatport purchased music, for example.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast