Wanted: Beatport Bangers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wanted: Beatport Bangers

Got a 25% off email for beatport and it expires in a couple days; what tracks would I be an absolute fool not to buy? Listening to a lot of funk and bass type stuff lately (e.g. Dancefloor Outlaws) but also a big fan of tech house and funky house ... and Dubstep too but man I already have a ton of dubstep I don't listen to so it best be really good Thanks for any tips!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

unison-knife party remix

was gonna say the same track ahahaha

just skimming my recent playlists

Porter Robinson - 100% In The Bitch
    ZZT - Vulcan Alarm (Proxy Remix)
    Worthy, Eats Everything -Tric Track
    Vodge Diper - Some Arpeggios
    Tiga - What You Need (Lucky Date Remix)
    Krafty Kuts - Let's Ride (Ado Remix)
    Dubsidia - Kill Humans (Dirtyloud Remix)
    The S - Death & Rainbows
    Dem Slacker's - Let's Go (Bart B More Lesssgo Remix) this one's older but i cant get enough of it
    Run DMT - Madness
    LEZGO - Justin Martin, Ardalan

edit: not what youre really looking for i see, if you want tech house...

Anything and everything by Pleasurekraft

Azari & III - Hungry for The Power (Jamie Jones Ridge Street Rmx)
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 09-24-2011 at 11:48 PM.

in all honesty, i would skip on alot of the "bangers" and actually do some searching there, youd be surprised how many amazing tracks go unnoticed.then again,... searching for tracks on beatport, you have to go through alot of crappy tracks to find some good ones but its worth it when ya do.

Tech Mentor

Look up Toolroom Records, you will not be disappointed. I would consider them the best Tech House Label/House label. (I also don't use Beatport, but it is funny a Toolroom track is #1 on BP.)
    Last edited by TABS; 09-25-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    in all honesty, i would skip on alot of the "bangers" and actually do some searching there, youd be surprised how many amazing tracks go unnoticed.then again,... searching for tracks on beatport, you have to go through alot of crappy tracks to find some good ones but its worth it when ya do.
    Exactamundo! I'm finding the same. Even when I go through the top lists at Beatport, it is hard for me to find tracks with the energy, structure and sound I'm looking for. It is incredible how much dull and "lifeless" music (from my personal point of view) there is out on the market (not just on Beatport). It's the proverbial "needle in and haystack" for me. But, I have a feeling, the problem is more with me and my taste of music. What's interesting, as I've been looking more and more for my personal "bangers", I think my taste in music has been opening up or changing. As I listen to a new track I like today, I ask myself, "Would I have liked this song 6 months ago?" Most of the time the answer is, "Probably not!" and I giggle to myself and ask again, "What is happening?". "Should I even be concerned?" I guess, it is when I start to actually play for people is when I'll find out, if my taste is acceptable for others too.

Sorry, just rambling on.....it's Sunday. I think I'll stop and go finish my unfinished Machine mapping. Or try to figure out how to get more performance out of my Laptop for Traktor 2.1.1, which is screaming, when I start to abuse it a little with Traktor. Both bother me at the moment, even more than my taste in music.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    I would consider them the best Tech House Label/House label.
    Shoot me now

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    Shoot me now
    This....

I quite like the "Leaders Of The New School" sublabel though. A bit on the cheesy side as well, but with some nice big room tracks (it's kinda hit or miss, though, they also released some crappy progressive house).

Oh and btw, got the same discount in the mail (and a paycheck from my side-job) - I foresee I'm gonna spend quite a bit of cash on beatport these days.
    Last edited by 3heads; 09-25-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

ummm... not to be rude, but how about looking for tracks yourself? a dj is someone who chooses the tracks themselves, not has others to choose for them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast