Traktor freezes. Please help!
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor freezes. Please help!

So I have been having some strange issues all of a sudden. I have a black Macbook core 2 duo 2.1gb w/2gb RAM. I am using TP2 with an Audio2DJ and Denon dn-sc2000. A few months back, when I was still using Traktor Pro 1, my screen froze and the audio stopped. I couldn't move the mouse and had to force shutdown my Mac. I updated to TP2 thinking maybe this would help things out. I did about 6 gigs with no freeze so I thought the problem was fixed. Then it happened again with TP2 this time. I was told by a friend to open up the Console app and check for messages around the time of the crash. Sure enough there was a Serato Bridge plugin that was popping up in one of the console's messages during that time. I did a search and found info about this plugin having a bug. I deleted it and have been crash free for a month. Tonight though I had this same crash once again. This time when I opened Console, I saw a usbemagicusbmididriver.plugin file in a message during the time of the crash. Should I delete this? Can anyone give me any insight? Why would my computer be trying to access some other sound plugin that isn't related to Traktor? Is this even the cause of the crash in the first place? This has happened on three different versions of Traktor(TP1, TP2.0.3, and TP2.1), so I can assume that the software is not the problem. BTW I used this system with Traktor Pro 1 for a year and a half three times a week and never had a problem until the first crash happened.

Many freeze problem happened with the older DN-SC2000 firmware. Check if you have the new v1.25.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Ok. I updated the firmware. Hopefully this solves the issue. I'll run some tests to see if I crash again. I didn't think about the Denon being the issue. I was sure my computer was on the fritz or my sound card was bad. I didn't think that a simple controller could lock my whole computer up. At least if I crash again, I will know that the Denon isn't the problem. I hope it is though since I'm sick of messing around with this issue.

Tech Mentor

Ran it through some tests and no freezing but my sync and key lock lights don't turn off now. Researched it and others state the same. I'm officially sick of messing around with computers and multiple types of hardware. Getting CDJ 850's tomorrow. I can run Serato(which has never crashed on me ever!). If my computer goes to hell, than I can have CD's and thumb drives for backup. I need to worry more about DJing and less about being a computer wizard. DJing with the idea of a crash hanging over my head is making things stressful.
    Last edited by Chris Macom; 09-26-2011 at 09:20 PM.