Can a Midi FIghter do this...?

Default Can a Midi FIghter do this...?

I am toying with the idea of getting a midi fighter. Does anybody know if it could be mapped to do something like this, alongside a Traktor Kontrol S4...

> Use the filter knob to roll it right down to the bottom of the LPF.
    > Press midi fighter to instantly go back to zero.
    > And this is my question. Could I do something to hold it at zero whilst I re-align my filter knob on the S4 back to zero??

Any responses greatfully received.

g

www.soundcloud.com/g-funkster

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how to set it up:

Select the knob you use for filter and enable soft-takeover.

Select a button > add in > Filter > interaction mode > Button > direct > value = 0.5

Turn the knob all the way up or down, press button for it to go back to neutral, twist knob and see what happens. It's supposed to take over the function again when the knob reaches the value of 0.5.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Thanks for the response. Good info. Hopefully this is how it'll works, sounds good.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how to set it up:

Select the knob you use for filter and enable soft-takeover.

Select a button > add in > Filter > interaction mode > Button > direct > value = 0.5

Turn the knob all the way up or down, press button for it to go back to neutral, twist knob and see what happens. It's supposed to take over the function again when the knob reaches the value of 0.5.
    Sounds about right. Soft Takeover is the key. Sometimes hardware doesn't play well with Soft Takeover, however. Not sure if the S4 has that problem. Also, what you may have some trouble with is that the MF button is a Hold Control, meaning when you let go, the Filter will turn off (unless you used the Shift+Filter, which I believe would turn the active filter off, as it's set to toggle.) There are a few problems you may run into when using 2 devices to control the same effects.

What I've done is mapped a knob ONLY on my X1 to control the "Amount" of the filter, and the MF button does it's standard On and Set Amount. This way, it always activates at a specified value and I can change it from there with the knob, if desired. Hope that helps a little more.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube