Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Best Setup for Deep House?

Hi I am relatively new to djaying. Been using a mixtrack pro w/ traktor for a while, but I really want to upgrade because I may start playing shows soon filling in for my friends. I mainly dj Deep House, So I wanted to ask all you house heads what equipment and what programs you use. also if you can post a sample or a mix you have done. My friends like to play a lot of beat heavy hip hop/witch house so they are always pressing buttons and knobs gettin the crowd goin with all their movement and energy, so I guess another question is what are some ways that I can spice up a deep house mix? Thanks

you need to do A LOT more research before asking this question for two reasons: this question pisses everyone off, and because we don't know your personal mixing style. everyone has their own, very specific preferences when mixing/producing live, so it's extremely difficult to advise you. IF you're doing deep house, and more minimal stuff, I would recommend a four deck controller. I also find it amusing that you say witch house at all, because it's such a (relatively speaking) out of sight genre. I can't imagine any specific setup would be conducive to specific styles of music. also, look into live production with Ableton.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My setup is a Denon DNX1600 and two X1's. I'm a little old school though so button mashing with deep house doesn't fit well imo. What does work well for me are lots of sample deck usage and a little FX usage.

paprika...
    You know the west is the best coast
    We got the best beats, we bump the best hoes

Wel, I play deep house, tech house, progressive, d&b and basically everything I like to play.

For this I nowadays use the S4 and MIDIfighter. This used to be a BCR2000 and MIDIfighter combo.

My message is:
    Think of how you want to spin, make a sketch of it, compare to what's already on the market and test test test. See what gear fits your needs and expectations.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

as a controllerist, i love modern technology.

but that said, ive never heard anyone play a deep house set better than Doc Martin.

And he only spins on vinyl.

so...

go with what works for ya? erm... i guess?
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    as a controllerist, i love modern technology.

but that said, ive never heard anyone play a deep house set better than Doc Martin.

And he only spins on vinyl.

so...

go with what works for ya? erm... i guess?
    and he loves to play...his "imperial dub presents songs about love and understanding" mix CD is a masterpiece...
    You know the west is the best coast
    We got the best beats, we bump the best hoes

best setup for deep house?
    Same as the best setup for everything else.

... best setup is to put together a good playlist, evening after evening.

Deep house = long blended mixes. That is all
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast