Best Setup for Deep House? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Same as the best setup for everything else.
    naaaaaah.

depends only your mixing style and what kinda event/night/show you're djing too.

e.g. long mixing with 3 or 4 decks would be a better idea if you're djing a club night. but if it's more of show then doing something with ableton live, keyboards, controllers, buttons, etc.. would be better.

but you have to decide really.

Tech Mentor

Been playing Deep House since i started DJing about 6 months ago, I have a very clean style, meaning barely use effects, only filters and EQ's most of the time. I'm now switching from my Xone 22 + Kontrol X1 setup to Xone 22 + 2 Technics.

I prefer vinyl, played with it once and got hooked. It fits my style and i don't need extra hi tech stuff. Ill keep the X1 but i wont be using it alot.

What im trying to say; grow a style and adjust to it. If you are really dynamic and like using effects, go with a setup that fits that (Id say 4 channel mixer + X1's or Kontrol S4), if you're more clean and dont need that much, go CDJ's or Turntables. In the end of the day its your own pick and it really doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPollard55 View Post
    naaaaaah.

depends only your mixing style and what kinda event/night/show you're djing too.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    and he loves to play...his "imperial dub presents songs about love and understanding" mix CD is a masterpiece...
    in the 90's i was the lead promoter for metropolis in irvine. during that time i had the distinct privillage of hearing both doc martin, and taylor play every week.

no matter who we brought in, doc's sets were nothing short of breathtaking. no matter who we brought in as a guest headliner.

sadly, hardly anyone knows who he is anymore. let alone that he very well may quite possibly be, the most skilled dance music dj alive today. I can't tell you how many times ive heard one of his sets, or listened to one of his mix tapes only to think something like "damn, he must have mixed over to this song a couple minutes ago.....".

for those of you who havent had the pleasure of enjoying a doc martin mix. i invite you all to

Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

this is my set up...pretty simple hit the button and your all set
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

i find the 4 band eq on a xone 62 or 92 handy for deep house, or how i play it anyway

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post

for those of you who havent had the pleasure of enjoying a doc martin mix. i invite you all to

Just filled a small portion of my hard drive with these.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Think I'll check out this doc Martin guy as well...sounds interesting.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

I play deep house and so do a lot of my mates and we just use cdj1000's and a djm600/700/800 and to be honest thats all you need with deep house as putting too much effects into deep house totally just ruins what that genre is all about.

Certain effects do work but your transitions are the most important part.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by aegyokiller View Post
    Hi I am relatively new to djaying. Been using a mixtrack pro w/ traktor for a while, but I really want to upgrade because I may start playing shows soon filling in for my friends. I mainly dj Deep House, So I wanted to ask all you house heads what equipment and what programs you use. also if you can post a sample or a mix you have done. My friends like to play a lot of beat heavy hip hop/witch house so they are always pressing buttons and knobs gettin the crowd goin with all their movement and energy, so I guess another question is what are some ways that I can spice up a deep house mix? Thanks
    I will say your mixtrack pro setup is more than enough to play deep house, the only thing I would add for now would be X1 for effects and loop control. I did this when I was using a BCD3000 for playing deep house. Eventually you might want to upgrade, but thats all personal preference, base on your mixing style. I currently use a S4, when I can but I also play many styles. I have been known to just use an X1 with an external mixer and the control disc depending on the situation.
    MBP i5 13", NI Z2, 2x NI X1, 2x NI F1s, NI Audio 8, A&H K2, Rane 2016, 2x 1210MK2e, 2x CDJ-400s, RMX-1000, NI S8, MBA 11"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast