Pioneer gear and beat syncing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm not really in that anal stuff YET, but misstyping happens right ?
    And btw when i was talking about rekordbox, it's just that it analYses your tracks more precisely about bpm than the CDJ does.

go buy a soundcard and run them into traktor if thats what your used to..
    Why would he need a soundcard ? 2000s have an integrated soundcard, all you have to do is to plug USBs of both players to the laptor and that's it, mixing is external with the DJM 900, and you hook them with standard RCAs.
    Last edited by dope; 09-26-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Tech Convert

Hi all,
    thanks for your helpful replies and ideas, and giving this topic an entertaining twist! Haha :-) Anyways, last night (GMT+1 timezone, I'm located in Switzerland) didn't give me a lot of sleep but a lot of training time I used to fine-tune my beat matching skills. For me, the thing right now is that with some tracks, even if they have differing BPMs, I can match them pretty accurately, even throw in 4-beat loops on both and listen to them running side by side without falling apart. I just find that, with some tracks, there may be too many other instruments playing on top of a beat and obscuring some clashes that may be present. But then, there are other ways of transitioning between tracks without letting them blend for such cases.
    Other than that, does anyone know of any other way to create a Recordbox database without using the application's user interface which is inaccessible to me? Maybe using the command line or whatever, so that I could at least take advantage of the quantize function...
    Thanks for all your posts and encouraging me to improve my beat matching!
    Robin

Tech Mentor

where about are you located in Switzerland (I'm living close to Zurich)? If you're close by I wouldnt mind doing the recordbox stuff if I get to play around with some pioneer stuff for it
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Convert

Hi Ashigari,
    thanks for the offer, sounds like a good idea really! I'm not far from Zurich myself (about 1:30hrs by car), I live near Liechtenstein. Well if you like, feel free to send me a pm with your Skype / MSN or whatever so we can get in touch and possibly work something out.
    Thanks for the offer! :-)
    Robin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123