So I've been contemplating DVS...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I've been contemplating DVS...

For a while now I've been thinking about maybe buying turntables (well, of course I've got the crappy belt-driven ones I bought 10 years ago, but they haven't been turned on in ages and I'm not gonna bother with them in any case) and trying out DVS (I already have the TSP license as I bought it during the 50%-sale last year to get the Audio8). I really need to learn how to beatmatch and it would be nice to play some stuff which only got released on vinyl. Now a couple days ago I got the paycheck from my sidejob, so I got some spare cash atm and could go for it.

I think my decision towards getting decks is pretty much made (having to decline a gig I had otherwise gotten because the pre-requisite was me playing on timecode pretty much tipped me over). Now the question that remains is of course which decks to get, my budget is still somewhat slim (let's say 700-800€ is the absolute maximum I recon). I only plan on using the decks at home, that's something to be kept in mind.

The options I've come up with so far are:

1) Cheapo-option: a good friend of mine bought 2 Numark TT-200 a couple years ago, but never really got into mixing. So he wants to sell one of those (but I'm sure I could somehow convince him to give me both, if I give him another turntable in return for him to be able to listen to his vinyl records). Haven't explicitely asked him yet, but I guess that would set me back about 300€ (thus leaving money to spend on some other music toys, maybe a second mixer - for some reason an Ecler Nuo 2.0 seems attractive to me)

2) buying 2 Super-OEM turntables (most likely the Synq X-TRM1 which I've found for 300€ at some online shop), costing me all in all probably about 700-750€ (with 2 Ortofon Concordes, could probably cut that one if I kept on using the one M44-7 I have and just bought another system for turntable no. 2)

3) buying to 2nd hand 12x0s, going for 300+€ on ebay. Could cost about as much as option 2, but potentially a bit more.

So, are there any other good options I haven't found yet? Would maybe the TT-200s suffice for me learning to play on DVS/vinyl? How much better would the other options be?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

1210's /thread

They go for around the £3/400 mark in england, I'd assume pretty similar in germany. tbh, I dont know why you'd consider numarks when the 1210's are so close in price.

You already have an excellent 4 channel mixer for you to plug the extra channels from the audio 8 into. Forget the ecler, get another X1 for decks 3 & 4. Dream setup.

and buy some more timecode, because when you get a taste for DVS on techs youre gonna rinse the shit outta that vinyl
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Technics. Because they're Technics.

technics 1200's, 1210's, or stanton 150's (regular or straight)
    any of those are going to give you the best performance and last you the longest no point in investing that much money into gear that's not going to last you orwill need upgrading when your turntable skills exceed their function
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quest View Post
    technics 1200's, 1210's, or stanton 150's (regular or straight)
    Dude the stanton st150 is one of the super oem turntables. Any of them will be excellent.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Love my stanton's

Well, the Numark are out of the picture. But I'm still not completely sold on 1200s, point being that a brand-new (non-Stanton) super OEM would cost me less than a 2nd hand Technics.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    a brand-new (non-Stanton) super OEM would cost me less than a 2nd hand Technics.
    Just to be clear mate, are you comparing the price of one OEM table to the price of a pair of technics?

What brand are you looking at? Linky?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Just to be clear mate, are you comparing the price of one OEM table to the price of a pair of technics?

What brand are you looking at? Linky?
    No, prices for a single unit. As I said, 12x0s go for 300+€ a piece in Germany. A Synq X-TRM1 can be had for 300€ new.

Technics are easier to repair/sell on, and will probably sell on for the same you paid for them
    Soon as you open the super oem box, youll lose half the value.

Used working Technics > everything else (on value for £)
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast