Need PC build advice
    Tech Wizard

Default Need PC build advice

I tried the le and traktor pro demo and it always freeze my pc. I tried on mac mini and it does the same from time to time. Do you guys think a custom built mid-low range will be able to take traktor pro without a hitch? Im thinking a small media center with 4 gigs minimum memory and a dual core cpu.

If its crashing both with LE and Traktor Pro im very much inclined to say that Trakor isnt what "isht", its your computer thats the problem. If you maintained your system well enough it wouldnt crash, i havent had Traktor crash on me for 2 or 3 months, it crashed on me back on v1.0.1

Also comments like these are not welcome on these forums, if you want to bash a peice of software think of a more constructive way of saying it other than just calling it shit. This goes with all software, Traktor Pro isnt some magical exception just because lots of our users use this.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-01-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Tech Mentor

If you Mac Mini is up to date and has enough memory... shouldn't be a problem... when does it crash exactly? Have you looked on the NI forums if it's a recurring/common problem?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If its crashing both with LE and Traktor Pro im very much inclined to say that Trakor isnt what "isht", its your computer thats the problem. If you maintained your system well enough it wouldnt crash, i havent had Traktor crash on me for 2 or 3 months, it crashed on me back on v1.0.1

Also comments like these are not welcome on these forums, if you want to bash a peice of software think of a more constructive way of saying it other than just calling it shit. This goes with all software, Traktor Pro isnt some magical exception just because lots of our users use this.
    I did say my pc is bad and wanted advice on building a new DAW. Although both the LE and Traktr 4 demo crashed my friend's Imac with 2 gig ram and 2ghz dual core cpu and I have never seen it freeze ever.
    Last edited by mpc2323; 03-01-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Tech Mentor

Again, crashing can happen at various stage during the session..

Was it when opening Traktor, loading a track, audio setup, midi setup, while mixing, etc...