Virtual DJ 7 and Numark Omni Control ..?
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Virtual DJ 7 and Numark Omni Control ..?

Ok guys here the situation.
    Friend of mine is using VDJ7 and an Omni Control.

The jog wheels are too close to everything so he's moving them accidentally.
    All he needs the jog wheels for is to cue the tracks up, he does not scratch or nudge with the Jog wheel so he wants them disabled during playback but able to cue up when the track is stopped.

He's bringing the stuff over to mine to so i can remap the jog wheels but time is critical, it needs sorting asap.

Does anyone know which mapping function to delete to enable what i describe above.

I have never used VDJ until today and that was for like 5 mins and I have never used the Numark Mapper so a leg up would be great as i havent got the time to scratch my own ass at the moment.

I imagine there are numerous scratch/jog commands like traktor so im sure i can figure it out but id like to do it without any hassle.

Lazy..? Yes but i figure ive earned a gimme around here by now

Anyone ?

go to options, mapper and choose the desired controller from dropdown

look for a button called scratch . should be mapped as " jog_mode". feel free to change the mapping to another function as you dont need to change the jog from pitchbend to scratch anymore. than locate the jogwheel command and change it to pitch_bend

there are different ways that developers create their devices, i´m surely glad to help you. chances are high that you need another mapping vverb. i´d gladly help you with that

greets mate
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

ok, a little bit more detail

if the jog is defined as left_jog or right_jog, use

deck1 pitch_bend

for Deck 1 and

deck2 pitch_bend

for deck 2. In case that doesnt work, try the following syntax :

param_greater 50% ? pitch_bend +0.1% : pitch_bend -0.1%

and finally, if both jogwheels are defined as JOG only, there will be only one entry for two jogwheels in the mapping. than use this syntax please :

device_side 'left' ? param_greater 50% ? deck 1 pitch_bend +0.1% : deck 1 pitch_bend -0.1% : param_greater 50% ? deck 2 pitch_bend +0.1% : deck 2 pitch_bend -0.1%

feel free to ask should any questions arise greetings, and i hope your friend enjoys Virtual DJ, which Version is he using btw?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Awesome mate... I havent got the kit from him yet so im still in the dark at what needs doing but your posts will start me off.

He is on VDJ7 Pro Full so i guess the same as yours.

If it was Traktor id just take out the scratch on command blah blah, dead easy.

As i said he has no need for scratch or pitch bend functions. All he needs is to seek position (in Traktor speak) so he can cue a track up.

If i have any issues when i get this stuff later today ill hit you up but im guessing that it will just be a case of taking out some of the Jog commands.

Appreciate the help bro

no biggie

as for " doesnt need scratch or pitchbend". There´s also the seek + 4 ( or 8/16 ) command, which lets you jump through a track several bars. but i wonder, how will he get the tracks alligned without a pitchbend? VDJ is just slighly not as good in syncing as traktor tbh, plus syncing behaves kinda different. Is your friend going to relate on sync? no pun

help me out with seek position, i´m not familiar with traktor lingo atm tbh

I´m sure there are many ways your desired workflow can be realised, but it can be a little headache at first specially with language barriers