*** One for all you Electro bass heads, Please feel free to critique***
    Tech Wizard

Smile *** One for all you Electro bass heads, Please feel free to critique***

Hi, This is a funky electro mix, theres a good mix of old n new tracks. The playlist will be posted but im just having a probs gettin the time in to do it..
    This is my 3rd go at this genre, i hope im getting the mix better, please excuse my dodgy scratchin haha..
    Nice one fellas
    Word

http://soundcloud.com/jamie73uk/deej...y-committed-to

cool mix buddy!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    cool mix buddy!
    Thanks hombre

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix a few times over the last few days. A few times on the Klipschs with the sub turned on, and once on my phone/earbuds while riding the bus. Here's my feedback.

- You definitely kept the excitement level high.. banger after banger after banger. My criticism here is that every track had a vocal, and with every track being a banger and every track having a vocal.. I got pretty worn out after a while. The vocals clash during each transition, even when it's dope it's a mental adjustment and can get tiring etc..

- Tracklist in DJTT post = moar clicks and moar critiques.

- Your levels were generally good, even for this kind of uber compressed stuff. There were a few times where you brought the new record in a bit loud and then backed it off. I heard you actively work the mix a few times which is nice when a person is mixing this kind of banger-y music. I would have liked to hear a bit more attention to detail in the amount of high end in the EQ.. this style of music can be very "bright" and when you had overlap it sometimes got VERY bright.

- Would you say this is "electro house" in general? Some of it was pretty obviously "fidget"-y, but some definitely leaned towards dubsteppy stuff?

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I listened to your mix a few times over the last few days. A few times on the Klipschs with the sub turned on, and once on my phone/earbuds while riding the bus. Here's my feedback.

- You definitely kept the excitement level high.. banger after banger after banger. My criticism here is that every track had a vocal, and with every track being a banger and every track having a vocal.. I got pretty worn out after a while. The vocals clash during each transition, even when it's dope it's a mental adjustment and can get tiring etc..

- Tracklist in DJTT post = moar clicks and moar critiques.

- Your levels were generally good, even for this kind of uber compressed stuff. There were a few times where you brought the new record in a bit loud and then backed it off. I heard you actively work the mix a few times which is nice when a person is mixing this kind of banger-y music. I would have liked to hear a bit more attention to detail in the amount of high end in the EQ.. this style of music can be very "bright" and when you had overlap it sometimes got VERY bright.

- Would you say this is "electro house" in general? Some of it was pretty obviously "fidget"-y, but some definitely leaned towards dubsteppy stuff?

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!

Nice one for taking the time not only listen to my mix but also give me feedback.

Your right about too many vocals ive done a few more mixes since and tried to get a more ballanced set..

Good call homie, The music is Fidget/dubsteppy house but as genres come n go i was just generalising..

The eq feedback is work in progress due to new mixer and new mixing style, ive mixed hiphop for that long ive become to lazy with eq ..

Again thanks for the critique, hope you will enjoy more mixes from me and can hear that steady progress and say dam that Deejay actually took note.

Jamie