How to Kill that crappy argument.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How to Kill that crappy argument.

Sup DJTT I had an Idea...
    you know how SOME CDJ and Vinyl DJ's say using a laptop isn't real DJing and there is no skill and you are not a real DJ if you use a Laptop. well I had an idea of making a movie where I video people doing a task on a more evolved piece of equipment. Something like...
    You're not driving you are just a middle aged woman with a GPS,
    You are not changing channels you are just a tired guy pressing buttons on a remote,
    You are not an author you are just pressing keys on a computer,
    You are not a music producer you are just tweaking virtual knobs in ableton or protools,
    You are not communicating with your friends you are just a kid with a phone,
    You are not listening to music you are just listening to signals from an iPod, You are not an artist you are just a guy with photoshop,
    You do not know how to play the keyboard you are just pressing buttons on a midi keyboard,
    You are not a pastry chef you just put ingredients in an electric oven.
    Would anyone like to see this made?
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The only way to kill the argument is to ignore them.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yep.

Heard this a million times with cdj vs. vinyl and it wasnt that long ago.

The problem is there are a lot of new dj's who get their laptop, a few tunes and software and think they're ready because the software makes it much easier to be a beginner. This then gives laptop dj's a really bad reputation.

On the other hand I've seen some established "big" names using laptops recently and they have gotten pure lazy and boring with software.
    Afterwards I've listened to the rants of how shit they were with their laptops and the truth is they were! No argument is gonna say different.

It's up to each individual to "prove" themselves! There's nothing else gonna settle it with any haters. You either ignore or prove that you can do something fresh,awesome and different.
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Laptop DJs are laptop DJs
    Shit DJs are shit DJs.

Lets not confuse them eh?

DJs shouldnt be stigmatised by their media format whther it be vinyl, CDJ, DVS or pure controller.

A good DJ is one that can make the floor BOUNCE!
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Laptop DJs are laptop DJs
    Shit DJs are shit DJs.
    Ha! I'm not grouping the two together am I?

I'm all for laptops! Haven't played out on one yet, still using cdj's. But when I'm good and ready... BAM!

I'm just trying to make the point that everytime I've heard the "laptops are crap for djing" argument in person there's been good reason for it.
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    I'm just trying to make the point that everytime I've heard the "laptops are crap for djing" argument in person there's been good reason for it.
    Everytime i have heard "laptops are crap for DJing" its been said by a dick-wad that hasnt got a clue about Djing / laptops / Life or anything valid at all.

Its a ridiculous statement made by:
    Teenagers who think its only cool to use CDJs.
    Old wankers who think its only cool to use vinyl.

The statement is pathetic.

[not a dig at you my friend]

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Everytime i have heard "laptops are crap for DJing" its been said by a dick-wad that hasnt got a clue about Djing / laptops / Life or anything valid at all.

Its a ridiculous statement made by:
    Teenagers who think its only cool to use CDJs.
    Old wankers who think its only cool to use vinyl.

The statement is pathetic.

[not a dig at you my friend]
    No prob! I suppose it might all change when I do start playing out with my laptop! So far I haven't gone to any gigs with "dick-wads" or "Teenagers/Old wankers" to have to converse with any such people! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by wongaling View Post
    You're not driving you are just a middle aged woman with a GPS,
    You are not a music producer you are just tweaking virtual knobs in ableton or protools,
    You are not communicating with your friends you are just a kid with a phone,
    You are not an artist you are just a guy with photoshop,
    You do not know how to play the keyboard you are just pressing buttons on a midi keyboard,
    You are not a pastry chef you just put ingredients in an electric oven.
    I agree that using a laptop doesn't has nothing to do with being a shit DJ. That being said, all of the above don't help your case as they are somewhat true 90% of the time.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    No prob! I suppose it might all change when I do start playing out with my laptop! So far I haven't gone to any gigs with "dick-wads" or "Teenagers/Old wankers" to have to converse with any such people! Lol
    Trust me mate, the day you walk into club with a laptop 'someone' will have an opinion and you will hear some ridiculous statements made.

All you can do is get your set tight and rock the dancefloor and the haters can eat your dust !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Amen. Shame that won't happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast