Mackie 450 V2 - Thoughts?
    Tech Student

Default Mackie 450 V2 - Thoughts?

I'm looking to purchase a new set of speakers. Found a guy selling his pair of barely used Mackie 450 V2's. Looking for honest thoughts on these loud speakers. Are they worth it? Is anyone else using them? Is there something better in the same price range I should be looking for (+/- $1000)?

I appreciate the input.

Thanks!
    -Ryan
    DJ Volt

honestly, I haven't heard good things about the new mackie powered speakers, including Mackie Thumps. I've heard everything from low sound output to ambient hiss when plugged into a sound source, to cables falling out of the inputs due to too much subwoofer vibration.

It's strange - the Behringer B215D model is only 540 dollars for a pair and -every- single review of read is absolutely amazed with the quality. I haven't seen a single review under 4 stars or knocking it for something other than maybe weight/etc. Good sound output, well produced lows and highs, and convenient EQ are all points I've heard about that model. If I ever plan on going completely mobile that's the set I'll be purchasing

Tech Student

Hey Krytical,

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

-Ryan

Edit: Might I also ask good placed to buy DJ gear? I only know of the regulars... Guitar Center, PSSL...
    Last edited by Volt; 09-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    DJ Volt

I have the Mackie 350s and I love them. I've heard the 450s a number of times too and they are beautiful; creamy sound quality and plenty of power. This is the first time I've heard anything negative. When I got my 350s I did have some noise in one of them but Mackie replaced it at no cost.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I have the Mackie 350s and I love them. I've heard the 450s a number of times too and they are beautiful; creamy sound quality and plenty of power. This is the first time I've heard anything negative. When I got my 350s I did have some noise in one of them but Mackie replaced it at no cost.
    ya i played with the 450's last thursday and they can get loud. started to hurt my ears even. they played perfectly fine even without a subwoofer. probably more than you need if you're doing small gigs but the quality is very crisp and clear. if you got the money then i would say go for em.