P.H DJs - Want Your Mix Played and Your Name Heard?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default P.H DJs - Want Your Mix Played and Your Name Heard?

Progressive House DJs,

I spoke with the owner of the club I'm playing at weekly in Orlando, FL and he wanted to promote some new up and coming DJs, and since he's a huge marketing guru he's aware of the power of the internet and how a DJ doesn't need to be local to be heard.

He asked me to find a 1hr long mix from one of you guys (yes, he said from an online forum) and we're going to play it this Sunday at the club. It will be played relatively early in the night for the first week to test it out. If it works, great! If not, then oh well.

He wants to turn this into a weekly thing to give the resident DJs an hour long break in between our long sets and promote your website/facebook/etc on the flyers and cards. It'd be as if you were there, but not really.

So, we're looking for a progressive house mix of an hour in length.

Rules:
    1) No "This is DJ FlyJockey from Chicago, IL" or "Check out myspace/facebook.com/whatever" - We're going to be taking care of naming you before and after your hour mix, as well as throwing you on the promo flyers, etc.

2) Progressive house, not oldschool house (though sometimes I wish), not dub/brostep, progressive house. Variations of the genre work too, just make it all flow. Nothing too repetitive, etc.

3) Keep it to music you'd play in a club, not music that you'd play to a group of friends at a gathering or anything like that. You and I both know it's a completely different scene, make it work.

To submit your mix, post the soundcloud link to your mix in this thread along with your name and where you're from, facebook links, website links, contact info, whatever you want promoted.

I know it's short notice, but let's see what you've got! Good luck everyone, and I hope this works out well.

Edit: Please submit a track list as well to make sure the DJ playing that night will not play any of your songs before/after your set. Thanks!
    Last edited by propelledjeans; 09-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.

quirkysilva

Sweet, just what I needed to motivate myself.. and I def need a new PH mix on my SC!

When's the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by quirkysilva View Post
    Sweet, just what I needed to motivate myself.. and I def need a new PH mix on my SC!

When's the deadline?
    Great question! Let's make the deadline Saturday at 11:59PM EST. That gives me (hopefully) enough time to listen to everything. I'll be listening as they get submitted.

Good luck!

quirkysilva

Another quickie, this set will be played in between two long sets of what genre, top40/bangers? Like, what will be playing before and after.. so I can structure a mix's vibe accordingly.

Great question as well. I'll have to update the main post with your ?s. lol

It's really a hard say. It's up to the DJ who will be playing that night. I can get ahold of him and see if he has any plans, but if I know him as well as I think I do he'll probably be some Jump Smokers remixes/bangers, David Guetta, etc. I'll give him a call now.

quirkysilva

Cuz basically you want to use this mix as a "cooldown to warmup" before another banger set?

Absolutely.

Throw whatever you want in there. I want you to play whatever you want to play. Want to play bangers? Go for it. It's your set - play what you would play out. We want this set to represent your taste, your style, etc. After all, it's promoting you.

I'll be submitting to you on saturday.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leo View Post
    I'll be submitting to you on saturday.
    Awesome, good luck!

Tech Wizard

Hello, my name is Tom Lue from California, I spin and produce all kinds of progressive house from melodic, smooth, and underground, to mainstream. I currently host two monthly shows on an online radio station at pure.fm and you can find all my latest sets here:

Thanks for listening, and cheers! =)
    Tom Lue

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast