I Need Your Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Need Your Help

Hi DJTT,
    I've been looking around on craigslist for a pair of CDJ's and i found a deal for 2 CDJ-1000mks and a DJM-800. I contacted the guy and he said he lives in London. When i asked him for pictures and everything else he provided them all to me. The only reason why I'm a little worried is because he's not shipping it through FedEx or another big name, but instead with a company called Trexitaly
    I got an email from them saying i should wire the money through Western Union, and the seller doesn't get the money until i receive the product. I don't know if this is legit, what do you guys think?
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Tech Mentor

DON'T DO IT! Definitely a scam. Never send money to someone via Western Union transfer.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

You're in CAN he's in the UK! Dont do it!

This is from Craigslist but is good advice in general.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts on craigslist.
    NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
    FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
    CRAIGSLIST IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
    NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
    AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
    DO NOT RENT HOUSING WITHOUT SEEING THE INTERIOR, OR PURCHASE EXPENSIVE ITEMS SIGHT-UNSEEN - in all likelihood that housing unit is not actually for rent and that cheap item does not exist.
    DO NOT SUBMIT TO CREDIT CHECKS OR BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR A JOB OR FOR HOUSING UNTIL YOU HAVE MET THE INTERVIEWER OR LANDLORD/AGENT IN PERSON.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    Hi DJTT,
    I've been looking around on craigslist for a pair of CDJ's and i found a deal for 2 CDJ-1000mks and a DJM-800. I contacted the guy and he said he lives in London. When i asked him for pictures and everything else he provided them all to me. The only reason why I'm a little worried is because he's not shipping it through FedEx or another big name, but instead with a company called Trexitaly
    I got an email from them saying i should wire the money through Western Union, and the seller doesn't get the money until i receive the product. I don't know if this is legit, what do you guys think?
    Dude screw that guy in italy! I'm selling two CDJ 1000 mk3. I'll ship it via my own shipping company TRLO Inc. All you have to do is pay me through western union, don't worry I won't receive the money until you call and confirm you received the two CDJ. Interested

take the drive to London, its worth the tank of gas to see and test what you are buying.

Never ever use Western Union
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    take the drive to London, its worth the tank of gas to see and test what you are buying.
    I think the cost of driving to London from Canada would be well above the cost of the gear (though it would be an interesting endeavor, anyways).

Where in London is he based - oneof the guys on here might be albe to pop in and check the kit to see if it works/exists?

I doubt it does though, given the Western Union thing ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    When i asked him for pictures and everything else he provided them all to me.
    He could have got those pics from a Google search.

You answered your own question by posting it in the first place. Trust your instincts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast