Beginner: Mixage vs Mixtrack
    Tech Mentor

Default Beginner: Mixage vs Mixtrack

Alright djtt, I'm looking to buy into a nice little controller to get me started off with tp2. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the numark mixtrack pro, and the reloop mixage IE. Just wondering if someone could provide some insight as to which they would recommend, as I haven't seen much on the forum about the mixage. I think it's worth mentioning I also own a launchpad, so hotcues dont really matter on the controller itself, because I can use the lp if need be. Thanks for the help

depends on what u want although a lot tend to drift more toward the mixtrack because more knobs and better jogs.

from what i can find about the reloop it is a solid build with decent jogs. they both also seem to have about the same number of buttons and pots etc - so no clue what pabloco means. tho possibly more buttons on the mixtrack in top right/left sections?

if i was choosing between the two tho and was going to be using traktor then i'd go for the mixtrack as way more people seem to have it and so you're much more likely to find different tsi files to try out and probably easier to get advice when doing your own mapping.

all depends what u want it for ofc. i think the top right/left sections on the mixtrack look more traktor effects friendly in their layouts - but only if you want/need the physical layout to match the software, which personally i don't.

they both seem solid and offer about the same level+quantity of controls. i haven't looked at their midi specs but don't suppose there's anything radical between them.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    better jogs.
    Yeah I was gonna ask someone to confirm this because the reloop jogs look way more.. attractive then the numarks. But as far as effects and whatnot go I guess zestoi is right, I was just looking for some people with actual experience with the mixage, because I haven't found a lot about it. Now I guess what I'll ask is does anybody know of any superior controllers at the 200-250 usd price point? Like I said, I have a launchpad so hotcues don't really matter, and I still am interested to hear what people have to say about the mixage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Yeah I was gonna ask someone to confirm this because the reloop jogs look way more.. attractive then the numarks. But as far as effects and whatnot go I guess zestoi is right, I was just looking for some people with actual experience with the mixage, because I haven't found a lot about it. Now I guess what I'll ask is does anybody know of any superior controllers at the 200-250 usd price point? Like I said, I have a launchpad so hotcues don't really matter, and I still am interested to hear what people have to say about the mixage.
    i couldn't find much about it either - doesn't mean it's not good ofc - but will probably mean you won't be able to get as much help here (or elsewhere) if u needed it.

personally i prefer the look and look of the jogs on the mixtrack, but that's only a personal preference thing i guess.

have u seen the review+video on digitaldjtips? http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/05...-controller/2/

he describes the build quality as very good, esp when compared to the mixtrack pro. he says the jogs are very responsive but move the music/beats a lot compared to others - but with traktor pro that's all tweakable anyway - so not really down to the controller at all.

it's jog behaviour on the outside of the jogs seems a bit different when in scratch mode or not - but i'm pretty sure thats the same as my icon idj and is no biggie. i.e: a fixed relative midi message sent out when nudging when in scratch mode compared to non-scratch mode (i guess).
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I think after much speculation, I've decided to go with a regular mixtrack + a numark dj i/o because even though the mixage is really sexy it's a bit more cost effective (2 rca's) and the mixage's effects section looks very lacking. Plus the mixtrack + dj i/o will only run me about 150 usd which is a steal. Thanks for the help though.

Tech Student

Phage - How does the mixtrack go? I'm in the same position you were, considering between mixtrack pro and mixage ie, so I'd love to hear the real feedback. Is the mixtrack too toy-ish?

Tech Mentor

I'm about a week away from getting it at the moment, I can let you know then however, what I've gathered is that the features are great for the price, and the build quality although toyish is not unreliable, but I can't really vouch for that yet.

Tech Mentor

I was never a big fan of the numark's jogs.
    i got rid of mine in under a month, for an rmx.
    So unless your training for the mix track DMC championship 2012, go for something other than the mixtrack.

i like my mixtrack...it will hold space until i get an S2...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal