Official Traktor Pro request thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Send Modiferdependant Monitor State
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=84723

If you vote I will be able to create a BETTER multitasking full 4-deck controller.

(My first post on DJTechTools, same subject)
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=39
    Last edited by orjan; 04-26-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Sorry about the double post (sort of). I posted to DJTT too before I found this thread.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=85137
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

This isnt really a Traktor request per se but more of a hardware software integration idea but I think this is probably the most appropriate place for it.

Creativity and ideas (for me) rarely come while Im sitting in front of a computer screen (ironically...its my primary chosen medium for all things "artistic"). So keeping this in mind, I was thinking about how when simply listening to music, I often have the most clarity of thought (for mixing ideas, cueing, etc)

So I was thinking this would be a GREAT way to capture ideas (in the moment). How easy would it be to manufacture a low capacity USB mp3 player/Traktor light software combo?

I small device with a few buttons to set, store, move, navigate through cue points, play/pause, etc.

If you wanted to be over the top...make it bluetooth compatible and have it respond to voice commands like ("play", "cue", "store", etc).....and oh yea....the ability to record digital audio for on the spot verbal idea documentation.

Typical scenario:

-have a track playing on the device in my car on the way to the 9-5 job (plugged into the line-in jack on my car stereo of course)

-have my nifty bluetooth ear piece in my ear (aka douchebag hearing aid)

-I hear good cue point I want to cue

-I say "cue" and a cue point is cued (I've got settings set to "quantize" and "snap" for easy cue dropping

-I say "store" and its stored

-I say "back" and the track hops back the last cue I stored (just to make sure it took)

-go home pop it into the laptop and open up Traktor to find all my perfectly stored cue points

The bluetooth earpiece (sold separately for a craaaaazy inflated price decided on by the marketing department of course) has the ability to function as an earphone for the tracks playing or you can choose to leave it off and only respond to commands.

The device itself has tiny buttons to serve the same functions (or you could choose to buy the separate "trigger device" a small hand held bluetooth device with a few buttons on it for the same functions)

Hmmmm.....think they'd go for it??

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=85957
    Last edited by rvltion909; 05-08-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Tech Guru

Maybe a NI media player with ability to show waveform and grid and cue songs. So you could do that stuff on the fly. I think the bluetooth headset might be a bit impractical and not work as well as a simpler media player might. But that is a sick idea, to make song preparation portable. I would love not having to slave over the comp and just be listening so that when I get an idea I could set it up atm. Maybe even use a flashcard slot so that the user can choose the size of their memory, I know I don't use more than 500mb at a time when i am listening/tagging/cueing new music, and wouldn't need a crazy large hard drive in an media player, and most djs already have ipods so this would allow for a low cost option for previewing/tagging/cues new tracks on the go.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Or, on the other side of that, maybe an iPod app for the iTouch and iPhone that allows this to happen. As long as it physically wrote it to the file tags, which iTunes has an issue with these days.

ps... I hate that they use the little i.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    ps... I hate that they use the little i.
    Or is it that they use a big T that you actually dont like?
    Cus then it would be ITunes which is even sillier .

Even more silly that this reply.

Yeah, think about that one.

well, ITunes looks better than itunes.

So yeah, to me, it's the little i.

And I just wasted another 10 seconds of your life.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    And I just wasted another 10 seconds of your life.
    Awesome. That made me chuckle

Yea so I was thinking NOT for the Iphone since personaly, for this purpose I think that brick would be a pain in the arse to haul around and I was going for durability and small size. Plus Im not feeling the whole price tag and contract with the cell service etc.

I was thinking maybe something that resembles those sports stop watches with those buttons that stick out.
    Last edited by rvltion909; 05-08-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Yeah, but you'd need something that has an adequate visibility to view most of the wave form. And you'd need solid controls to make it useable. If I had to do all this work on a screen that was 1/2" by 1/2" I'd go cross eyed.

But if it was the iPod Touch, that might be a LOT more reasonable. And it would be aimed for people that already have the unit, which covers NI's costs as well
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast