Andy c/db4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy c/db4

Tech Mentor

Default Andy c/db4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wQxr...layer_embedded

He mention a db4 for controlling audio/visuals!! Is there many mixers that have this funcation? Software hardware requirements??

Nice! Your name makes me think you must have listened to a fair few Twisted Individual tunes!
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Nice! Your name makes me think you must have listened to a fair few Twisted Individual tunes!
    lol yea mate, was bandwagon blues that got me hooked on dnb

Tech Mentor

He is probably using the midi-pages on the mixer to control some kind of vj-software.
    With 1 button you can switch back and forth to midi mode.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy Gash View Post
    He mention a db4 for controlling audio/visuals!! Is there many mixers that have this funcation? Software hardware requirements??
    Any mixer with Midi capabilities could control any visual software that accepts midi commands.

He says that the visuals are responding to his cuts and filters etc, i doubt he's switching over to control visuals then back again during a mix. It must be set up to always send midi out from all the mixer movements. Looks like a good night too!
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Oh Andy C... And Dynamite... how many show I watched you perform and always deliver MASACOTE GORDOOOOO....

I would definetly love to see some tutorial to do this even on a basic level. what software to use, how to channel MIDI, if they use any bridges... Richie Hawtin do it. Tiesto and other similar dudes AFAIK do it.... with projectors going down in price and up in performance with a grand you could get all you need to have some nice visuals going on.

I have fiddled with the ArkaosVJ and Resolume but thet require very much some time into them to figure out.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

I would love to find out more about this as well. Anyone has any info on this?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Oh Andy C... And Dynamite... how many show I watched you perform and always deliver MASACOTE GORDOOOOO....

I would definetly love to see some tutorial to do this even on a basic level. what software to use, how to channel MIDI, if they use any bridges... Richie Hawtin do it. Tiesto and other similar dudes AFAIK do it.... with projectors going down in price and up in performance with a grand you could get all you need to have some nice visuals going on.

I have fiddled with the ArkaosVJ and Resolume but thet require very much some time into them to figure out.
    How do you mean use any bridges?? Arkaosvj well good fun felt like that programm coldcut brung out vjamm, that was about ten years ago tho and more computer less dj program still good fun tho

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    He says that the visuals are responding to his cuts and filters etc, i doubt he's switching over to control visuals then back again during a mix. It must be set up to always send midi out from all the mixer movements. Looks like a good night too!
    That's correct. Almost all of the analogue controls of the DB4 simultaneously send midi messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast