M-Audio Trigger Finger - First Test Run...

Default M-Audio Trigger Finger - First Test Run...

got this couple days ago, originally i got it for VJ'ing to trigger video clips, but ended up using it as a sampler. Had a great time chopping up samples and banging away at the pads.

First time using this midi controller, trying to get the hang of it.

facebook video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video....id=26955969693

anyone else using the trigger finger or any other sampler machines?

_

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I use the MPD24 and Nanopad. Had to replace the Nanopad after 2 of the pads failed. I use to trigger cues in Serato and clips in Ableton.

I have a Trigger finger that I team up with either and X-Sessions Pro or a VCI-100 in Ableton Live.

My eventual goal is to have them set up and use them alot like how Moldover does.

As well I would also like to have my Ableton Project and controllers set up like ill-Gates / The Phat Conductor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1Ko630Ytc
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

You can get his layouts from him.

I have 'em.

He says in the Video that the one he is demonstrating is on his Website to download for free.
    However I have not been able to find this?
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    He says in the Video that the one he is demonstrating is on his Website to download for free.
    However I have not been able to find this?

I sent an email asking about the trigger finger template, here's what he said in the email

here's the specs:

http://forum.ableton.com//viewtopic.php?t=49330

there are many different versions now. they are $30 each, or $50 for the lot. most people get the lot and then pick or mash them up into their own templates.

i also have:

an ebook on finishing lots of music quickly - $20
    a rack pack for producers + djs - $20
    finished track folders of my releases - $75 each
    and 'blank tracks' that you just add midi to - $150 each

if you want to put together a package, just make me an offer.

you can pay via paypal at thephatconductor[at]hotmail.com

much love!

dylan

ill.gates - department of motion - www.thephatconductor.com -

I got this guys templates, the effects are alright, nothing groundbreaking moldover styles though. Whats the most interesting is how he deals with triggering and organising clips in ableton live - thats worth the $ on its own if you cant reverse engineer it yourself.

Please don't ask me to give you the templates. It's unethical as I paid the money a few years ago for them and I agreed not to share them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Please don't ask me to give you the templates. It's unethical as I paid the money a few years ago for them and I agreed not to share them for free.
    I agree its hard enough being a musician at it is without people jacking ur templates you worked long and hard on to sell to people.

Not planning on asking for the templates be given to me for free.

As well I am not interested in Paying for something that essentially I can just do for myself.

However it is misleading in the Video when he states that he has them posted for free. Perhaps he should offer that one template? or just a simple notice stating that it has been removed.

No big deal really though.