Konkreete Performer: Control 6 FX with 4 fingers!
    Tech Guru

Default Konkreete Performer: Control 6 FX with 4 fingers!

I could had posted this on the Mappings forum but the mapping and the app are so nice and innovative that made me want to post here so we can discuss it generally

Thanks to the awesome Maurice Norris for this great mapping and the creator of Konkrete Performer for such a innovative way of controll things

From digitaldjtools site:
    http://digitaldjtools.net/news/choppy/

"So what’s different about this, compared to a normal X-Y pad controller?

The main difference is in the control you get over a third effect. The distance Nodes 1 and 2 are from the centre control the amount of each effect. However, a third effect can be controlled by the relative distance Nodes 1 & 2 are from each other. Once they reach a certain distance from each other, FX3 is switched on and is full controllable by moving them further and closer to each other.

The same applies for Nodes 3 & 4.

So this allows for full control over 6 different effects, all from one screen and all by using just 4 fingers. See below for some recommended FX combinations. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkwFiCqP-pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFiAGaIP9ek

Simply awesome, I'm planning to build a pack of psytrance sounds to use with deck C and D, and make my iPAD+Konkrete Performer a FX+Modulator+Sintesizer unit like the korg kaos pad

Thank you Maurice!

this is very interesting it's gonna open up alot of posibilities damns

It's a cool app. I tried it a while back with that mapping but never really bothered making any maps myself. Are there any others user mappings out there? It has potential if someone figures out some cool innovative mappings.

Tech Guru

Maurice is developing this mapping since two months ago or so...
    It must be hard to develop, he's going to make 8 page mapping for it.

I'm really into this, I think it will going to work on stage as the visual of it is highly awesome for non-DJ audience

Just like the Wii Remote was with ableton but with a less gaming geek apeal :P

while i cant dig into the videos, this reads like a dream come true. cannot wait to test this out.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Guru

It really is my friend...
    Imagine a korg kaos pad where you can modulate 6 FX with 4 fingers in a 10 inch screen

It can only be better then that if the software could recognise the finger that we use to tap. This way there would be no need to look at the device at all, just put your first finger of the left hand anywhere on the screen and the software would know that you want to activate the first FX of the left slot.

That would be the next step and I'm sure that this type of recognition will come with the iPAD 3 and live digital recognition, or with some glove like that:

visionary huh?