Just looking for a some critiques ( Electro House )
    Tech Wizard
    my home is in CO , but i am traveling atm

Default Just looking for a some critiques ( Electro House )

I been getting a Regular spot at a local club and would like to know what others think of the mix ( i get from 845-945 so the club is just opening there is not many people to gauge my work )

Tech Convert

Didn't liked the songlist, could be more creative, RCHP-how long, overplayed.
    Liked the mood.
    What's the song at 7.00? Loved it

Tech Convert

Liked the mood.

Listened to the mix, I don't really get into electro house too much but I'll give an attempt at some constructive criticism

1) I feel that the echo freeze trick was overused quite a bit, maybe save it for a moment within the mix where you want the crowd to go mental, I find with straight beat stuff it's nice when you go up 1 semi tone (or +2 on the camelot wheel) to give that insane energy boost a little bit more effect

2) Volume levels, try to work on getting your volume more consistent...it gives an artificial boost or loss of energy to your set...

3) Nice catch where the beats weren't exactly lined up at around 8:50

All in all, a good effort...thanks for sharing
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

I can't review it all at the moment, but what i noticed in the first 9 mins :

- Well tracks are not really what i like, but you can't please everyone at the same time..

- I think you lack smoothness, especially on the transition that brings dada life's white noise red meat. It's just too brutal.
    And btw you keep letting the previous song beat rocking on dada life's break, i don't like that. IMO breaks are breaks, you can't let a beat run over it, it ruins it all.

- Beatmatch problem around 9:05, it's not super bad, and it happens or happened to every one here, but when you are mixing, as soon as you hear something goes wrong (and you HAVE TO hear it cause it's your job ), correct it asap

It's all i can say about theses first 9 mins, i'll try to continue after a deserved long night of sleep.
    I have myself a mix waiting for reviews, if you could give me your opinion on it, it would be nice
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37791

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Re-al-ize View Post
    Liked the mood.

Thanks for the Critique ... the song you are asking about is

Dada Life - White Noise Red Meat

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    I have myself a mix waiting for reviews, if you could give me your opinion on it, it would be nice
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37791

Thanks a lot i see what you are talking about and will work on new things ...

Listening to your song now on SC and will put my Critique in the comments and you can remove them if needed ...

Kilown

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    Listened to the mix, I don't really get into electro house too much but I'll give an attempt at some constructive criticism

1) I feel that the echo freeze trick was overused quite a bit, maybe save it for a moment within the mix where you want the crowd to go mental, I find with straight beat stuff it's nice when you go up 1 semi tone (or +2 on the camelot wheel) to give that insane energy boost a little bit more effect

2) Volume levels, try to work on getting your volume more consistent...it gives an artificial boost or loss of energy to your set...

3) Nice catch where the beats weren't exactly lined up at around 8:50

All in all, a good effort...thanks for sharing

Yea i had a few friends say that the Echo is over played , i am very limited on what the club will let me do with effects so sad times .. thanks for the very detailed critique and i will be posting more to help me get better and do the same for the DJTT community ...

Kilown