Can traktor Pro be used with Pioneer CDJ's? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I'm not quite sure what that means - will i be able to use all the functions of the cdjs and mixer?

now all i need is someone to help me get it set uphaha.. i have it plugged in and it is reading it etc.. but can't get the buttons to function and wheel to be used for scratching/beatmatching etc... ANY HELP is appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    why did it take til post 9 for this to get mentioned? more importantly, why did it take a year and a half?
    Hahahahaha
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by zdubs View Post
    I'm not quite sure what that means - will i be able to use all the functions of the cdjs and mixer?

now all i need is someone to help me get it set uphaha.. i have it plugged in and it is reading it etc.. but can't get the buttons to function and wheel to be used for scratching/beatmatching etc... ANY HELP is appreciated!!!
    buy traktor scratch with timecode cds, hook the cdjs to the mixer, via audio4 or 8 soundcard. put the discs in the cdjs, press play. that's a very dumbed down version

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is no, not the way you want to use it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I have the time code cd's.. tried what you said and none of the buttons/pad are being recognized by the software

I have the time code cd's.. tried what you said and none of the buttons/pad are being recognized by the software
    it doesn't recognise the buttons of the cdj, it recognises the timecode signal, and controls the music that way. have you got the decks in traktor set up correctly? have you got the dvs related settings correct? what version have you got? have you read the manual?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

You can't use timecode CD's with Traktor Pro. You have to have Traktor Scratch for that
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

lol all this pro/scratch differences.... i have traktor scratch pro and just got back from work and will prob spend the rest of the night working on it. i'll let you know if i figured it out or if i come to another standstill thanks for the input so far.

photodojo - was that directed towards me?
    *i guess my general question is will i eventually be able to get my cdj800 mk2s and djm400 to work on traktor the same way they would work on serato? I really don't want to have to shell out another 400 for serato

photodojo - was that directed towards me?
    I'm sorry I thought you wanted to use Traktor Pro with time code CD's. I'll defer your questions to those with more knowledge on the subject.

EDIT: LOL now I get the confusion, two people with two different questions.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

I have a setup using Traktor Scratch Pro (TSP), 2 CDJ-800's, DJM-600, and a Kontrol X1. I use an AUDIO4 for the ext. sound card. You never mentioned a sound card. Which do you have? I can help if you need...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast