My technic 1200s are acting up

Default My technic 1200s are acting up

Well basically it says most of it in the title. My technic 1200s are acting up. Im using traktor timcoded vynils and Ortofon Pro S Needles .. Whenever i try to scratch on either Both technics skip. I baught both used and they came with the needles. like 8 of them actually. Im not sure if maybe its the needles or not and dont want to spend money on some new ones. What do you suggest i do ? And if i do have to get new needles which should i get ? Money isn't a problem

Styluses or Cartridges? The Pro S is considered a very good cart so I'd buy just a stylus for it but since you said money isn't a problem, just buy some M44-7Hs and call it a day.

Make sure they are setup correctly. Weight, tone arm height ect.... plenty of info on here on how to set your 1200's up
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Make sure they are setup correctly. Weight, tone arm height ect.... plenty of info on here on how to set your 1200's up
    Yeah.. Tone arm height. A lot of people over look this. My next suggestion would be the Ant- skate.
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2