New open source key detection tool - Page 10
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

this seems really really cool. i would download but all my music is not on a computer, go figure haha. will def look into this more tho at lab with the hardrive that does house my music

Tech Wizard

I freaking love this. It's fast, its accurate and efficient; no useless functions, no useless options. Just what we need.

Tech Convert

this works amazing on my computer and I thank you many times sir!!!

however I installed it on a friends mac, and his iTunes xml won't load (same problem in Traktor too!) and we can't seem to figure the problem out... we went and looked thru all the songs in his iTunes and got rid of all the chinese characters in his tags and files to help the xml file, but after a refresh of itunes and re-save of the xml, the iTunes sync still hasnt worked (Traktor too)...

anyone have any similar issues? done some searching and the chinese letter thing is all that came up.

also, when he does the run batch through drag and drop the keys are not automatcially written to the tags and won't go through using command T as well... (settings are set to auto tag)

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mlull View Post
    this works amazing on my computer and I thank you many times sir!!!
    Cool. You're welcome.

however I installed it on a friends mac, and his iTunes xml won't load (same problem in Traktor too!) and we can't seem to figure the problem out... we went and looked thru all the songs in his iTunes and got rid of all the chinese characters in his tags and files to help the xml file, but after a refresh of itunes and re-save of the xml, the iTunes sync still hasnt worked (Traktor too)...

anyone have any similar issues? done some searching and the chinese letter thing is all that came up.
    Are you sure the preferences are pointing to the right files for those libraries? If so, try copying his xml/nml files to your computer and repoint your KF installation at them; see if they load properly (obv the media files won't be there, but that's not necessary). I don't think there are any ongoing problems with different character sets but I'm willing to be proved wrong =)

also, when he does the run batch through drag and drop the keys are not automatcially written to the tags and won't go through using command T as well... (settings are set to auto tag)
    I don't know what that could be; are his permissions set right? When you use Cmd+T, does it say "tags written to 0 files" (or whatever the wording is)? It's possible he's trying to write to the Key tag in media types that don't support it, I suppose; that's the only thing I can think of right now.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ibsh View Post
    I don't know what that could be; are his permissions set right? When you use Cmd+T, does it say "tags written to 0 files" (or whatever the wording is)? It's possible he's trying to write to the Key tag in media types that don't support it, I suppose; that's the only thing I can think of right now.
    it does say tags written to 0 files.... his settings are for custom key codes to be automatically written during batch jobs to the comments section of his tags... he uses mp3s so it can't be that...

I'm going over to his place tomorrow to try to get this figured out... I'll post again tomorrow

noticed a small bug: writing a key in a tag deletes the mp3's tag v2 "year" field :/

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    noticed a small bug: writing a key in a tag deletes the mp3's tag v2 "year" field :/
    Windows or Mac? And can you send me a before-and-after of that file?

http://speedy.sh/2cDGa/keyfinderbug.rar

here, did it on a random song. Win OS, KeyFinder 1.15, using Mp3tag studio 3.55 to check.
    also, ID3v1 track field is altered...strange...

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    http://speedy.sh/2cDGa/keyfinderbug.rar

here, did it on a random song. Win OS, KeyFinder 1.15, using Mp3tag studio 3.55 to check.
    also, ID3v1 track field is altered...strange...
    OK, this is due to a conversion from ID3 v2.3 to 2.4. If you use kid3 (just Google it) to check the tags on the before and after you'll see that no data has been removed, it's just been translated to an updated tag version. TagLib (which KF uses for all tag reading and writing) only writes v2.4. Strangely, you had two copies of the Year field in your "before" file, which suggests that one of your apps is not quite standards compliant.

It's clear that this is responsible for most of the "disappearing" tag data issues people are reporting, especially on Windows where v2.4 isn't read properly by Explorer or (I think) WMP.

I think if you just convert back to v2.3 with iTunes or something you should get back to where you were. Let me know if you have any more trouble though.
    Last edited by ibsh; 05-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.

KeyFinder v1.16 is now up. There is now also a US mirror, kindly hosted in Dallas TX by a generous user; just click on the appropriate flag =)

This version includes:
    * Prepend/append options for writing metadata
    * Option to skip tracks over a certain length (for avoiding mixes/audiobooks/whatever)
    * Improved logic for skipping tracks that already have keys
    * Updated library binaries
    * Improved Linux support
    * Multiple bug fixes etc

So, this is the first update in a while, because most of the feedback I've been getting has been related to memory allocation problems affecting a minority of Windows users. Those issues are not fixed, and are unlikely to be in the near future. I've spent as long on them as I'm willing to at the moment. So I'm afraid the Windows build will only improve in reliability if another developer picks it up or I get a second wind.

Onward and upward. Hope this helps people out; any feedback welcome.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast