New open source key detection tool - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

thanks again for your hard work.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

This doesn't work with the camelot wheel, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    This doesn't work with the camelot wheel, right?
    Check the FAQ.

Tech Mentor

No

Tech Mentor

I've been using MIK for a few months now, works great, kudos to the developer.

It's nice to have the keys laid out as a guideline, even if you gotta break away from it now and then, always good to have a "safe zone" to work with.

Been using this for a while, I like it, but ALOT of stuff is still pretty messed up. Things that would help IMMENSELY.

-Choose which categories you have visible, rather than every time you open have to drag them as small as they go.
    -Make it so I can select individual/multiple tracks to analyze rather than have to do the whole things (i.e. I get new tracks all the time, and I load my whole "dubstep" collection in, and I have to analyze every single track which takes forever, to get the new ones analyzed.)
    -Or, if thats too complicated, make it so I can highlight tracks, and drag them to a new keyfinder window.
    -If keyfinder could save it's sessions, instead of opening an entirely new one every time.

I get lots of memory allocation failures using this on Windows. Wish I knew enough about programming to pick up the Windows side of the project and fix things.:/ Thank you for all your hard work so far though.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Snowday,

- what categories are you referring to?
    - you can throw in as many tracks as you want, and it will analyze only those without key set, so what's the problem?
    - why would you need two keyfinders?? you have directory browser supplied by your OS...
    - there is no sense in saving sessions when tracks are there (in keyfinder) only for purpose of tagging.

Seems to me that you are trying to shoehorn this app...
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

ThinkAboutIt,

it can work with the camelot wheel, you just have to use your brain (start by looking at some earlier posts of this thread).
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

I'm sure you could come up with your own style camelot wheel.

Look up the frequency of each key and they will have an associated color band. Make up your own word code.

Its just the circle of fifths? how do they have that copy-writted/patented. it must be the 1A/1B part of it.

I'm sure that mixed in key circle exists on the internet without there twist to it.

Yeah you could just make a relationship chart NEW SYMBOL=1a/1b and its all alike.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast