New open source key detection tool - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Jester, you are making it easy for them.

TL;DR: MIK can sue anyone who is redistributing/using their patent. They cannot touch you if you are using that patent for yourself. So, as long as you use custom codes, and you are doing that only for yourself, everything is fine legally. I'm not sure if you should avoid redistribution of these tracks over the internet.
    Last edited by ToS; 07-16-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: more info
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Wizard

This is so badass, props to the creator for making this software. This is a full blown implementation of a software that I wanted to make about 6 months ago but just thought about the use of FFTs during my DSP class (Electrical Engineering at Texas A&M). So cool and I wish there was a way that I could help with some of the math/ coding but it looks like I am about 6 months too late

Let me know if you need anything though, I am trying to help advocate the use of freeware in this day and age since so many things can be accessed without money now-a-days (dj knowledge, circuit help, personal advice etc)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MBP 8 GB Ram 512 GB SSD, DN-X1600, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, 2x Technics 1200 MkII

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JaeSea View Post
    This is so badass, props to the creator for making this software. This is a full blown implementation of a software that I wanted to make about 6 months ago but just thought about the use of FFTs during my DSP class (Electrical Engineering at Texas A&M). So cool and I wish there was a way that I could help with some of the math/ coding but it looks like I am about 6 months too late

Let me know if you need anything though, I am trying to help advocate the use of freeware in this day and age since so many things can be accessed without money now-a-days (dj knowledge, circuit help, personal advice etc)
    Yeah, you're a bit late to the party =) But if you have any ideas about efficient and accurate tempo detection, or if you fancy trying to improve KF's key detection algorithm, let me know.

Good evening.

KeyFinder v1.17 is now available.

This version includes:
    * Hack for the key tag in iTunes metadata (AAC, ALAC etc)
    * Localisable interface, with translations for French and Swedish users: more to follow.
    * Updated library binaries
    * Various small changes

As always, any feedback welcome. And if you have the linguistic chops to write a translation of the GUI into your language, let me know (it's easy; no programming knowledge is required).

This release also marks KeyFinder's first birthday; I launched it a year ago today. After a slow start, it's been downloaded more than 5000 times in its first year, by users in 120 countries. I've been thoroughly humbled by the response to my little app, and having it used by hundreds of DJs has been very rewarding. I've also had tons of feedback, which has been fascinating at least as many times as it's been infuriating. So in short, thank you all so much for your support!

And if you want to thank me in return, why not drop a small PayPal donation alongside your next download, so I can celebrate this auspicious occasion in some style? =)

Congrats!

Mate i've been using your tool pretty much since it popped up on djtt, i was a MiK user for a few years but IMO your tool is faster and more accurate. I will have a test with the new version this weekend and expect a few sheckles in your paypal from me next week
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Nice! This is the first I'm seeing this so I'm going to give it a try over mik. Thanks for sharing it!
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

squidot just rememmber if you want to use the camelot system, you will have to add custom keys in the preferences, just scroll back a few posts for a hint

Also MiK converts each file to a wav before analysing, this one doesn't do that so is awesome fast for batch processing.

Yeah, when I saw your post with the ability to put the camelot keys in, that put me over the edge. Plus no conversion to wav! Even better.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music