New open source key detection tool - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ibsh View Post
    There's no standard way of logging key to FLAC tags, but there is a de facto standard (that is to say, a hack) which will be available in the next version of KF.
    That is great news. I use foobar2000 to pull the key out of the comment and into the INITIALKEY for all my flacs. Booting up a windows VM just to do that gets a little old.

What else are you looking at including in the next release?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoFreek25 View Post
    What else are you looking at including in the next release?
    Several bug fixes, some improvements for building on Linux, a hack for MP3s that get bad duration estimates, some other tagging stuff for ID3 v2.3 (primarily for Windows users, since they still can't see v2.4), and a few more interface translations. Plus some minor alterations to the core algorithm. Most of my work over the past few months has been invisible to the user; just improving the engineering of the core library really.

I'm toying with hiding the advanced preferences screen too. And I'm starting with a new Windows build box, so with any luck I'll start seeing some of the bugs people are reporting there.

Quote Originally Posted by ibsh View Post
    Several bug fixes, some improvements for building on Linux, a hack for MP3s that get bad duration estimates, some other tagging stuff for ID3 v2.3 (primarily for Windows users, since they still can't see v2.4), and a few more interface translations. Plus some minor alterations to the core algorithm. Most of my work over the past few months has been invisible to the user; just improving the engineering of the core library really.

I'm toying with hiding the advanced preferences screen too. And I'm starting with a new Windows build box, so with any luck I'll start seeing some of the bugs people are reporting there.
    any luck on fixing that bug that deletes the year field in ID3 v.2 when writing the key in comment field?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    any luck on fixing that bug that deletes the year field in ID3 v.2 when writing the key in comment field?
    Not specifically, cos I couldn't recreate it. But I've made some changes to the handling of ID3 tags so, with any luck, it might get better as a side effect =)

Tech Convert

Just wanted to say that this program is awesome and I love every single point of it. It's easy to use, it reads the tags perfectly and best of all, it's free. It's much better in my opinion than the Rapid Evolution and a few programs I tested before them. I use it all the time, but I'm not sure will I use it when I get a hold of Traktor 2.6.1 version. Anyway, if you need some help with coding it, I'm your guy! Hit me up at r3bl@musician.org and I'll be honored to help you out or be a tester or something (I'm a Windows user, I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate version on a laptop, Windows XP x86 Service Pack 3 on my desktop and I have Ubuntu 12 installed on my desktop as well but I don't use it frequently).

Pretty good with Visual Basic, Delphi and HTML/CSS/PHP (in case you need some fancy website or something). Also pretty good with Pascal and Basic, but that won't be very useful to you I guess. Solid in C and C++ programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Zone View Post
    Just wanted to say that this program is awesome and I love every single point of it. It's easy to use, it reads the tags perfectly and best of all, it's free. It's much better in my opinion than the Rapid Evolution and a few programs I tested before them. I use it all the time, but I'm not sure will I use it when I get a hold of Traktor 2.6.1 version. Anyway, if you need some help with coding it, I'm your guy! Hit me up at r3bl@musician.org and I'll be honored to help you out or be a tester or something (I'm a Windows user, I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate version on a laptop, Windows XP x86 Service Pack 3 on my desktop and I have Ubuntu 12 installed on my desktop as well but I don't use it frequently).

Pretty good with Visual Basic, Delphi and HTML/CSS/PHP (in case you need some fancy website or something). Also pretty good with Pascal and Basic, but that won't be very useful to you I guess. Solid in C and C++ programming.
    EDIT: just re-read and caught your address. Will be in touch.

Tech Convert

Default Keyfinder with Camelot Codes

Hi guys,
    I did this little translation of the key codes for Keyfinder, so you can use the famous Camelot Key codes from other key detection softwares to match your songs!
    Hope can be useful, bye

keyfinder.JPG
    Last edited by indieboz; 03-16-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Awesome, was very helpfull for me!

cheers

Tech Wizard

Likewise, thanks!
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

Default Is there a how to guide?

Just installed this on Windows 8, 64-bit, can't drag and drop audio files into window for analysis? Is there a write up for a how to use guide?