New open source key detection tool - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Hey hey. Very sorry for the long silence, but the new version 1.18 is now available, for Mac only.

This includes:
    * a slightly faster analysis process, with a much, much smaller memory footprint; it should be easier to run KF alongside other apps now (although it's still very CPU intensive, obviously)
    * a hack for the key tag in FLAC files, using the de facto standard among DJ apps
    * the preservation of ID3 v2.3 tags, rather than automatically upgrading them to v2.4
    * lots of new localisations
    * a load of bug fixes and minor new features.

The delay has been largely due to my working with a DJ software house to integrate the KeyFinder algorithm into their packages. The upside of this means that all the improvements I've made for them get passed on to you!

Also... this release is not for Windows. I still haven't got the time or the interest to do the Windows work, so it may be a long time coming unless a Windows dev steps up to help out. Sorry about that.

All intelligent feedback gratefully received.

glad to hear that
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Dang. Gotta admit, kinda gutted there are no plans to continue the windows versions, been using this since you released it and been very happy with it. Still, at least 1.17 works perfectly for me
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Key tags in flacs - fantastic! That's one less process to my process.
    Thanks so much always for your work, very much appreciate your way of doing things....I just tried donating again but PPal doesn't support donations from Japan...wtf?
    Anyways, not for want of trying and of course purely personally motivated, one relatively straightforward feature I'd love to see would be the ability to append key info to the end of the track name tag rather than only the file name and key tag, reason being that in Traktor I always look at the track name for key info on current playing track before using the key tag column in the browser for possible next tracks - the current track is always in a fixed location so having current key there is a great help. Another advantage is that when converting files to use in another format/app ie Djay on the iPad, as there's no key tag available there that I currently know of, so having it simply appended to the track name would be a great start, even if track lists aren't searchable by tag.
    Make sense? Thanks again and if there's a way I can donate I will.

Quote Originally Posted by niknok View Post
    Key tags in flacs - fantastic! That's one less process to my process.
    Thanks so much always for your work, very much appreciate your way of doing things....I just tried donating again but PPal doesn't support donations from Japan...wtf?
    Anyways, not for want of trying and of course purely personally motivated, one relatively straightforward feature I'd love to see would be the ability to append key info to the end of the track name tag rather than only the file name and key tag, reason being that in Traktor I always look at the track name for key info on current playing track before using the key tag column in the browser for possible next tracks - the current track is always in a fixed location so having current key there is a great help. Another advantage is that when converting files to use in another format/app ie Djay on the iPad, as there's no key tag available there that I currently know of, so having it simply appended to the track name would be a great start, even if track lists aren't searchable by tag.
    Make sense? Thanks again and if there's a way I can donate I will.
    That's a reasonable feature; I'll put it on the backlog.

In the meantime you should check out your deck display settings in Traktor; if you put whatever key field you're currently using in the top row, it will be visible no matter how tiny you make the deck display.

If you have more trouble with Paypal (weird huh?) and feel like donating, you could buy some of my production duo's tunes, if you're into UK drum and bass. Here and here.

Tech Wizard

Thanks, O Fortuna bought just now.

Right, here are two things I didn't expect to be saying quite so soon:

* KeyFinder 1.19 is now available. It's just a patch release, I found a weird bug with certain decoders.

* After many, many hours of poking and prodding, it's available for Windows, sort of. As always, I can't guarantee complete compatibility, or even that it'll work on your machine. It doesn't work on my old XP laptop. But hopefully it's better than nothing; give it a try and see how you get on.

Sweet! will do some testing and get back to you for the windows version
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Anyone who had an immediate crash from yesterday's Windows build, please try downloading again, I've added some missed dependencies to the package. Works on all my Windows boxes now.