New open source key detection tool - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Some progress, but no new build yet. I need access to some more Windows environments before I can move too far. Might be a little while yet.

There are some batch-associated crashes surfacing on the Mac that I'm going to look at next.

Default Re: New open source key detection tool

Thanks man, will give this a go.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

MiK owns the circle of fifths? wow

Tech Guru

I'll definitely give this a run through did you compare results against any of the other Key Detection softwares? I'll compare it against MiK and BeaTunes at least for a hundred or so and see if the results are similar. Thanks for sharing the project notes I was thinking of doing something similar for a Project in my course. My idea was for a MP3 manager for iPad. I have only really been kicking the idea around in my head for a few weeks and I'm not where close to even needing to have a full idea worked out to start on but it's nice to see someone doing something similar.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    MiK owns the circle of fifths? wow
    I think they copyrighted the camelot circle which gives each musical key a code number between 1 and 12? Maybe they've only copyrighted the actual circle diagram... surely you can't copyright/patent the idea of converting, say, the key/note of "C" into a number?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The circle has been around for longer, so I guess the number/letter coding.

There's a new version up with some bug fixes and minor new features.
    It also fixes a couple of the most common Windows dependencies, though not all of them.

@bartboy, you can find a (limited) comparison with MIK and RE on pages 51-53 of my report.

Will check up on the newer version, thanks a bunch for developing and spreading this one, ibsh!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Awesome. I'll be following your project, hopefully your software will get a proper Win 7 version and camelot coding. As Mil0, I too find it weird that MiK as copyright on letters? It's like getting copyright on converting 'a' into '1' or 'b' into '2'. Surely the copyrights laws are that messed up (properly are, but one can hope).

KF won't be getting Camelot coding: I spoke to MIK just recently, they're not doing freeware licenses any more. You can add your own custom codes into KF though, obviously.

As for how messed up the intellectual property rules are... no comment =)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast